Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time reader, first time poster... So hello to all.

I've read a number of posts aboout picking up 10/22T's for sub $300. Does such a deal exist in SoCal? I'd like to have a reasonably accurate rifle and I have about zero interest in tinkering. I want to mount a scope, zero it in, and go plink / target shoot. I'd go for a CZ in a second, but I really want a semi-auto. My only concern about the T model is the addition weight of the bull barrel that might make the rifle impossible to plink with. But then again, I've got an old Marlin that is a blast to plink with... Just thinking out loud.

So where should I look?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Shooting freehand or off a bench?

Freehand, the 20" target barrels do get heavy rather quickly. Too heavy for a girl or child to freehand shoot. If you're just doing bench shooting, a 10/22T would be fine.

Under $300 brand new? Not likely MSRP $445. Perhaps you'll be able to get one in the $350-$375 range. We sell them for $399 at our store.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I bought my T on GunBroker.com for $270, and it came with Leupold rings and bases. The shipping and FFL fee made it $300. I looked for about 3-4 weeks before buying. It was in a "barely used" condition, looked pristine to me. About a month later someone on RFC posted that he picked one up from one of the aution sites for $250.

So they are out there, if you don't mind looking online for a few weeks, and factor FFL and shipping into the total cost.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Heres one to make you cry. Bought my 10/22 new complete with the weaver scope rail off the shelf for $167.00 in Anchorage Alaska with no waiting period pulled out the debit card and 25 min later walked out of the store with the rifle and ammo under my arm.

·
Registered
54 Posts
xenophobe said:
$167 for a 10/22 T? Riiiight....
I am sure he is talking about a carbine. I am also pretty sure he was rubbing it in for the Kali people being able to walk in, see a gun, walk out with said gun and ammo to shoot in that gun in 20 minutes. However if it was a 10/22 T (very doubtful) how would you feel about making 40 dollars on it? :D

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
I highly doubt it was a 10/22-T. If it was it was mismarked and someone is going to catch hell for selling it for that price. Stranger things have happened though. I once bought a Marlin Model 883 for $40 at Kmart. It had sat on the shelf for too long and was on mark down. A friend of mine was an assistant manager and he sold it to me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
gsonnenmd said:
You can still buy guns in So Cal :silly: ?

Just kidding . . . welcome to RFC!
Only barley. Its such a pain in the ***. About 6 months ago, I had a dealer order my a 10/22T. After waiting for 3 weeks for the gun to arrive, only to find out that they received the wrong model, I simply gave up. I didn't want to wait another month for the gun to arrive, plus another two weeks before I could take it home. I really don't know how the dealers stay in business.

I was in Alaska a few weeks ago. The shop I was in had a "wall-o-pistols" that made me drool. Prob about 200 different models all of the wall and ready to be passed off to customers for inspection. In LA its almost impossible to even get more than one gun out of the case at the same time, while in Alaska they were letting me try different pistols in different holsters...

Makes me want to cry...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine is the 10/22RB. I bought cheap for a baseline receiver/barrel. Two days after taking it home it got a new stock, bipod and muzzle brake and its now on its new optics. I bought the rifle for a hunting gun not a target rifle. I refrain from modifying internal parts of a hunting weapon and I'm able to hit shell casings at 25 and 50yds with the stock parts. I was not poking fun at anyone I understand every state has their own laws I just happen to live in a state that still respects the fundemental right to bear arms. Sorry if I upset anyone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.