Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Golden Eagle Target Ammo

1466 7
Anybody ever hear of it? Appears to be made by Aquilla, definately made in Mexico. Eley Primed. Box is mostly blue with Gold edges. Very nice plastic ammo holder inside cardboard box. Paid about half way between Wolf MT an ME. Store had run out of Wolf except Wolf Gold and at $10.99 for 50 they can keep that Wolf!!!

Anyway just checking to see if anyone had tried this Golden Eagle.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,461 Posts
It did not shoot too well in my CZ, I just bought 2 boxes of their Match Rifle it is in a black box will try it out this weekend.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I'm on the last 900 rounds of 3,000 bought a few years ago. Its always on my short list of ammo to try in any new gun. I don't think it shoots the best in any gun I own (maybe the buckmark) but, it is a consistant performer in more guns than any ammo I have ever shot. Lot:300703013 is what I'm using now. It has the GE headstamp. The old stuff I started with had the A Headstamp. It would shoot sub 2" @ 100 yrds with the buckmark off a rest with a 6-18x rifle scope. I still have one box of it.

Note: I've tried the match stuff and been underwhelmed. Big groups except eaa biatholon basic but, I've only tried one lot. Still have 400 of the original brick after all these years.

·
34,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well now I can answer my own question......THIS STUFF IS CRAP!!!!!! It cost the same a Wolf Match Extra and while M. E. will easily hold .4 to .5 " at 50 yds from my T/C Classic this stuff was amoung the worst ammo ever tested in this rifle at about 1.5". Even ALL the cheap bulk ammo's will out shoot it. Only Aquilla Stupid Max has shot worse and that should not even be used in the Bentz chamber of the Classic.

Not only was it not accurate but the rifle jammed on average once per five shot clip. Not very good for $3.99 per box. I still have a box plus a few so I will test it in the KMK678GC and the 10/22 to see how it will do. Well actually I will shoot it thru them in an attempt to get rid of them!!! :eek: :D

·
34,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
chromekilla said:
vincent american eagle ie better then golden eagle and cheaper and after my birthday tommorrow im going to the range and shooting off all my remington thunderbolt if it doesnt sell
Federal American Eagle AE22 38gr Hollow Point is one of my favorite all around use ammo and I still have about 1000 I have been hoarding because it is hard to find around here. I bought the Golen Eagle stuff hoping to find a substitute for Wolf MT or ME which I want to shoot in the email matches here at RFC. While the AE22 is great stuff it is not quite match quality. I have to find a place to get some more Match ammo. Thank you for your thoughts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.