Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Golden 39a mountie purchased new in 1968,probably hasn't had over 200 rds. shot thru it.My question is should i refinish the but stock, the bottom half has faded badly but the forend is still that rich walnut color in fact it still has the decal marked walnut on it.The gun is in like new condition otherwise.If i do refinish it should i try to match the forend or do them both i'm going to leave this gun to my son would this detract from collector interest in future years. The gun has always been well maintained and has never set in the sun or weather.Any help would be appreciated,(gn luver) Max W.

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
Leave it alone, a little fading just shows character, experience and added value. At least I have my Lovely Bride convinced of that! :p Seriously, unless the stock is really buggered, dont touch it, those of us that love old 39's appreciate original condition.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
jnyork said:
Leave it alone, a little fading just shows character, experience and added value. At least I have my Lovely Bride convinced of that! :p Seriously, unless the stock is really buggered, dont touch it, those of us that love old 39's appreciate original condition.
:yeahthat: The man knows of what he speaks. :t

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.