Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to get a ss ( probobly fluted) barrel for one of my 10/22's.
From what I'm reading it sounds like Green Mountain is the king of the" bang for your buck "pile. I;m seeing them advertized atdifferent locations in 18 and 20". Do they make them in both lengths or is one old stock. ( Seems pretty redundant). Any advantages to one length over the other? ( I'm figuring ballnace.)Any other brands/ barrels I should be looking at before buying? All thought swelcome. :confused:

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ps

Thanks Viper, Do you see any percievable differences in accuracy between teh 16.5 and 20"?

BTW, does anybody know where I can find the actual weights of these barrels. Wondering how much difference ther really is between a fluted and non fluted barrel of equal specs. it would also be nice to know what the weight difference is in a 16.5 vs 18 vs 20.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Gents!

I'm settled on Gm and it will come from whiteface. All I have to do is toss and turn all night over the length :D
Just not sure which will look better in that walnut sporter stock.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
FWIW

I had a 16" bul barrel ( off brand) on my 10/22 before. It shot guood but I wasn't wacky about the looks. I figured I'd try teh 20 this time but w the flutes so the weight would be comparable. We'll see :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.