Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

GM barrel owners...

619 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  msmiley
I finally got my GM Barrel.
What rounds do you guys shoot. Seem that every round that I've tried has a loading problem.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3,642 Posts
msmiley,

Have you read any of the other Posts in this Forum regarding "loading" [chambering].....? ? :eek:

I suspect you have a 'clearance' problem with your BX-1 magazine and the magazine well of the stock.....! ! :(

Ckeck for 'clearance' on both sides of the magazine with a business card; it should pass freely all the way up to the bottom of the receiver on both sides....! ! :eek:

Also, your magazine should seat with an audible "click"....! !

· Registered
1,156 Posts
It is really tight.
Lots of people have had this problem and so have I.
All I have to say is you gotta shoot it a lot and keep it clean.
That's not hard work at all though;)
After maybe 250 rounds mine feeds and ejects without any problems.

· Registered
3,642 Posts
Chambering Problem

msmiley,
All the magazines fit correctly, but the rounds will get partway into the barrel then stop. Like the Bentz match chamber is really tight.
Like Fumbler said, the Bentz chamber is significantly tighter than the sloppy Sporter chamber you had.....! ! :eek:

.22LR Chamber Dimensions

Type______Length__Mouth Dia._Throat Dia.
Sporting____0.8751"____0.2307"____0.2270"
Bentz______0.6900"____0.2270"____0.2255"
Match _____0.6876"____0.2267"____0.2248"
Win 52-D___0.5800"____0.2278"____0.2248"

The "Ruger" 10/22 factory chamber is the "Sporting" chamber above. The "Bentz" chamber is the 'match' chamber for semi-autos. The "Match" chamber is for bolt actions. The "Win M52-D" is a bolt action target rifle.
How many rounds has this 10/22 fired.....? ? It sounds like it might be brand new, and need 'breaking-in'....? ? That normally takes a full brick of Hi Vel ammo.....! ! ;)

Does this happen only on the first round from the magazine, or on all rounds in a magazine....? ?

Loading that first round, you must let the bolt SLAM closed; do NOT 'baby it' closed....! !

Also, check that your extractor is centered in the extractor cut in the breech of the barrel....! !

If your barrel is free floated, it could be 'drooping down', causing a misalignment of the chamber to the magazine; try a business card under the barrel at the forend tip.....! ! ;)

Good Luck, and let us know how you make out....! ! ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.