Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

GM barrel for Canadian !!!

4877 Views 20 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Cassings
I've been having a hard time getting a Green mountain barrel shipped to Canada. I've tried trough GM itself but without any success. i've also contacted dealers across Canada and no luck. does anyone know how it could be done??? there must be a legit way to get GM barrels across the northern border :(
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
If you'll settle for a 20" green mountain barrel I can put you on to someone who sells them in Canada
He can also get the 18 " Adams&Bennet barrels but he himself hasn't tried them.

I paid $190 canadian dollars for my blued fluted GM barrel and that included shipping.

I put it together with a brown laminated ruger stock to balance out the weight of the 20" barrel. I find that it points real nice and I don't mind the weight. If you put it with a synthetic stock the rifle might end up being a bit nose heavy but the laminate stock has enough meat on the butstock to offset the barrel weight.
Hopefully get to shoot it this week

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The American way....

Looks like i'm not alone... :p ... There's definitly a demand for GM barrels up here, so i say to my fellow Canadians.... "Let our voice be heard, our demands answered..... Then join hand in hand, brave Canadians all! By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall."...... :D

· Registered
26 Posts
For those of you that are also members of the CanadianGunNutz, contact willwagspal. I picked up a 20' SS fluted Green Mountain. Drop him a PM. He's a great guy to deal with and super nice. Tell him Steve sent you.

· Registered
3,845 Posts
I also know of a place that you can get them in BC. The problem is that they can not order them direct from green mountain. So green mountain has to send the barrels they want to an export in Montana where they can then ship the barrels to the gun store in BC. With Duty, Shipping and other taxes it adds up to about $120-$140 just to get it there. Then you have to pay for the barrel. So it can be done, it is just very expensive. However, they do carry lilja barrels as well and they can order the barrels stait from Lilja so shipping only comes to about $25 which is way better. I am not sure on the exact cost of the lilja barrrels but i emailed them so if anyone would like to know they can ask me. I am guessing (from a bit of reseach) that the price for the lilja 10/22 barrels are going to be about $350-$400 but i am not sure. This place in BC also carries barrels such as Shillen, Hart, Douglas and other high quality barrels. They also carry custom stocks from Boyds such as the blaster stock and other good ones. The place i am talking about is In Dawson creek BC. If anyone would like there phonenumber you can PM Me.

Hope this helps
Jordan

· Registered
764 Posts
go to gun goodies and buy a Clerke barrel for a fraction of the price. He ships to Canada and he is a great guy to deal with

Stainless 20" or 16" Bull Barrel.
#605 - $79.99

Blue Bull Barrel 20" or 16"
#610 - $69.99

Stainless 20" Fluted Bull Barrel
#615 - $99.99

Fluted Blue Bull Barrel
#620 - $89.99

Option #2- Go to the exchange forum or ebay, that's where I got my three GM barrels from :D

I paid 190 Cdn shipped for a GM
Ouch..... :(
I paid 150 shipped for two :eek:

· Registered
26 Posts
Cassings,
I also thought about going through gungoodies.com but he wanted an additonal 30 US for shipping which brings the totatl to 109.99 US (for the SS barrel). Now factor in exchange and duties/taxes, and you're pretty close to 200 bucks.

I didn't know Clerke was made by GM. :eek:

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i find someone...

I found a company that will start importing GM barrels here in canada... he say's he should be getting them in a month or so, i've already bought a stock from him and i have to give him a big thumbs up on speed & service.... here's the link: http://www.bitsofpieces.com/

he also informed me that he should be getting other 10/22 parts soon....

· Registered
764 Posts
604shooter said:
Cassings,
I also thought about going through gungoodies.com but he wanted an additonal 30 US for shipping which brings the totatl to 109.99 US (for the SS barrel). Now factor in exchange and duties/taxes, and you're pretty close to 200 bucks.

I didn't know Clerke was made by GM. :eek:
:confused: Weird

79.99 USD= 97.57 Canadian x 1.15= 112.21+ 5.00 fee $117.21 + 30 usd shipping (36.59) = a possible total of 153.80

Remember only one in four parcels are even looked a at customs so you might only be paying 135. I recently bought a gm stainless 18" barrel and a Hogue om .920 stock (pretty much new) for around 160 including shipping with no taxes. Sometimes you get the day, sometimes you don't.

Weird....30 to ship...ouch :confused:

Quite frankly I would suggest you all go to the exchange forum. Tons of great people willing to do business.

· Registered
764 Posts
604shooter said:
Cassings,
I agree, sometime you do get lucky with customs. I just didn't want the hassle....I have never had good luck with them.
Hey, sometimes you've got to pay to play ;) No offence but I pretty much buy all my parts from U.S distributors minus the receiver. I just can't justify the Canadian prices on some things :(

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
rsanborn said:
Green Mountain is working with a distributor in Canada to ship direct, we're waiting on export docs to make it happen. Also, GM does not make Clerke barrels.

Thanks
Rick
thanxs rsanborn for clearing that up.... do u know when they are expecting to be able to start shipping them here? and do you know if the 16"ers or 18"ers SS flutted are ready, i was told bout the end of the month of july....

· Registered
293 Posts
I'm waiting on US Govt paperwork, you wouldn't think it was a big deal to ship to Canada. I can nearly throw a rock across the border from where I live. We should have some 16 & 18 fluted bulls this month along with our first run of the Aero barrels. We have to send barrels out for laser marking and this takes a while sometimes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.