Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, do you have any idea where I can get a 16.5" fluted stainless steel Green Mountain barrel for my 1022? Green Mountain's site says the're all out and so does Whiteface Mountain's. Is there any other place that I can get one or will I have to wait untill one of those two places have one in stock? Thanks, all the help appreciated. :)

BTW, How do you guys (those who have shot one) like the 16.5 inch barrels. Will there be a significant loss in velocity or accuracy?

·
Registered
52 Posts
GM

Almost everyone of the sites on the left side of the forums page carries GM's. Try Midway for a good price, or if interested a combo. The Adams and Bennet are made by GM also. As for your question of the velocity and accuracy loss, there should only be a minimal loss of velocity, nothing to worry about.

AXEL

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
As far as velocity loss, most say a 22lr achives max out of a 16 inch barrel. Search functions are down, but someone did have a test in which they checked it out. Don't recall the exact results but it was close to 16 inches.

As far as where to get one, not sure .... In the next month or so I'll be in the market for one myself for my wife's 10/22

Dave Z.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
gmcfixer said:

As far as where to get one, not sure .... In the next month or so I'll be in the market for one myself for my wife's 10/22

Dave Z.
Like I said in the next month or so, TS no offense but I already promised my business elsewhere on the barrel. But you never know, cause she is going to want a nice stock and some other parts too! Gotta get moved and employeed first.

Dave Z.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
TS sorry if it sounded as though I thought you were fishing for sales. Let me rephrase, I already told another vendor to let me know when they come in. But I will also say that when the time comes for other purchases, I'll be looking at RFC sponsors for my needs and since you're a sponsor .... well.

Dave Z.

·
Registered
268 Posts
No offense taken. Be sure to let everybody here know when the 16 " barrels come in or you get your order. I will do the same. I had just talked to Green Mountain and they said that they were out and then someone said that WhiteFace was out so that meant 16" barrels are going to be hard to find for a some time. I mostly wanted ot let the guys here at RFC know that I was almost out if anyone was interested in the last one I had.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.