Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i bought a glenfield mod.25 in 22 lr. a few weeks back ser.#24xxxxxx using the sticky on this forum about taking the first two digets on the #from 100 i think the gun to be a 1976 model year open sights on this gun at 25 yards and 50 yards are hard for me to use i cant seem to hit a 4 inch target 2 times in a row no matter where i adjust the rear ramp and i am using a bag rest that works good for me but i can take the gun rested or off hand and hit a 12 oz coke can at 100 yards 8 out of 8 shots and hit a 2 liter bottle 8 out of 8 times at a confirmed 182 yards holding 16 inches over the top of the bottle i use federal 40 grain champion lot#510 ammo this may not sound like a problem to some but i was hoping to use the gun for 50 yard plinking at old fired shot gun shells and golf balls and such i have to hold a foot or more in front of the shells to hit them left and right is dead on how can i fix the up and down with out permanently takeing the long range away from the gun i hope you can make scents out of the way i worded this I'm not looking to shot small groups with the gun just to shot small objects

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
:eek: "POINT BLANK"!-You have to "ADJUST" your iron sights to hit your so-called targets at "DIFFERENT" yardages!!!!!!!--You Just "CAN"T" Leave the sight at one position and expect to hit everything at 'DIFFERENT' Distances!! Plain +simple! You might want to try scopeing that 'Sweet old gun'!!-Good luck in your choice!:t -Blkwollf!!!
i bought a glenfield mod.25 in 22 lr. a few weeks back ser.#24xxxxxx using the sticky on this forum about taking the first two digets on the #from 100 i think the gun to be a 1976 model year open sights on this gun at 25 yards and 50 yards are hard for me to use i cant seem to hit a 4 inch target 2 times in a row no matter where i adjust the rear ramp and i am using a bag rest that works good for me but i can take the gun rested or off hand and hit a 12 oz coke can at 100 yards 8 out of 8 shots and hit a 2 liter bottle 8 out of 8 times at a confirmed 182 yards holding 16 inches over the top of the bottle i use federal 40 grain champion lot#510 ammo this may not sound like a problem to some but i was hoping to use the gun for 50 yard plinking at old fired shot gun shells and golf balls and such i have to hold a foot or more in front of the shells to hit them left and right is dead on how can i fix the up and down with out permanently takeing the long range away from the gun i hope you can make scents out of the way i worded this I'm not looking to shot small groups with the gun just to shot small objects

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I have no idea what you just said. I take it that GRAMMAR wasn't taught in your school? :D

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
usually , on all the mod 60 type variants, the bottom rung of the step ladder, is about where hi velocity bullets will need to be set on, between 50 and 100 yds.
your ammo should say on the box if it is hi velocity.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
yes its high velocity ammo i have moved the ramp up and down just cant get it wright and my model 60 does well at 50 on the bottom of the ramp will have to scope it i guess but i don't really want to selling is not an option I'm sure the barrels not bent

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Assuming it uses the typical "ramp" for the rear sight, try filing down a notch or two to get ther rear sight low enough that you're on target....or remove the ramp entirely--that might getcha close.
If not, you can always file down the notch in the rear sight....or get a longer front sight post...or replace the rear sight with a shorter one.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
PUT A BUSHNELL BANNER ON HER
1X4-32 EXCELLENT FOR YOUR NEEDS
DONT FORGET TO MOUNT AND RING IT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SEA-YA
GENDOC
sorry for hollering, caps lock was on,ooops

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have a 925 which I believe is the same except the trigger group.
zeroed at 25, zeroes again at 75 with a light rise at 50, at 100 I need to hold 2 miles up, 130 3 mills u and 150 yards needs a 5 mil holdover to hit clay targets stuck in the ground.
At 150 yards yesterday I shot a 2 1/4" group vertically. I figure at that distance the way the bullet drops that any variation is powder charge from the factory or the slightest nick in the bullet or the wrong aiming point will cause that big of a group.

Still divide that by 3 for 50 yards and it gives a 3/4" group, which this gun is capable of using CCI mini-mag hp's.

I would scope the model 25 with a good 3-9X32 or 40 and be done with it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.