Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Along with a bionic eye come some pleasant surprises, but some realities too. One of which is, you still can't see a flier coming before you shoot it. :D I must have forgot to check off that option on the order form... :(

:D

Got a HUGE surprise tho... the LAST time I'd shot those Winchester Xperts, I swore I'd never shoot them again, but still had some left over that I could shoot in this months side match. Maybe I'm gonna have to reassess... but when you get a flier, it's REALLY a flier... So here's what I ended up with.

25 yards.

250-13X Ron Starner, Indianola, Iowa (Antlurz)
10/22, Weaver T36, Wolf MT
Kidd trigger, GM barrel, all the normal bellz and whistles.
Nice calm day.

221-2X Ron Starner, Indianola, Iowa (Antlurz)
10/22, Weaver T36, Remington Golden Bullets (BAB)
Nice calm day. Where'd them 6's come from? Ugh.

240-3X Ron Starner, Indianola, Iowa (Antlurz)
10/22, Weaver T36, Winchester Xperts (side Match)
Nice calm day. Might have to reconsider my choice for the BAB match !

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Ron, nice shootin there sir!!!!
but your "Report this thread to my mommy" button doesn't take you anywhere. The one I originally posted DOES:p :D ;)
Paul

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's easy enuf to fix... I just need to come up with a good destination to make it "cool" :D :D :D

PS.. You have NO idea of what it's like to be able to see the crosshairs on a target after that had been taken away from you! I can even see the sights on my pistols again after going about 5 years without being able to!

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Antlurz said:
That's easy enuf to fix... I just need to come up with a good destination to make it "cool" :D :D :D
Check where mine goes now;)
Antlurz said:
PS.. You have NO idea of what it's like to be able to see the crosshairs on a target after that had been taken away from you! I can even see the sights on my pistols again after going about 5 years without being able to!
I never had THAT much trouble, did lose it for a few days secondary to corneal burns :( so i can SORTA sympathize.
I'm just glad you're able to see again!!!:t :t
Paul

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Great shooting Ron. I'm glad that your vision has been restored. It must seem like a whole new magical world out there. I remember when I got glasses, after putting it off for a couple of years. I was reading sings in time to make the exits on the Interstate! I was astounded--hehehe! Again, congradulations on your vision and your scores.

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I kind of expected the score to go up some. Would have been awfully dissapointed if I hadn't seen some improvement... one way or the other, at least now, it seems as though I have some hope to think I can keep them up at least a bit more than they were.

The difference on the rifle is a trip, but truth be known, for the real world part of it, the driving is a whole lot nicer now! When you are working around a problem like a cataract, you are wound up all the time when driving. You might not notice it right off the bat, but after a while, the strain on your unconscious nerves gets to take a toll on ya.

...and your point about the roadsigns was well taken! :D :D :D

Ron

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Very nice score with the WMT. You musta got a new batch from that one that was sent to you so long ago, seems that one had a lot more fliers back then. ;) GG

p.s. sorta makes me all warm 'n fuzzy seein' you do well......nah, that's gotta be the "Presidente Pedro Domecq" takin' effect.
:D

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually, GG, I still have about 2/3 of it left. Now that I can see, I will probably start shooting more, but the fact is, I very seldom shoot more than one target for a class during a given month. Kind of shoot one and take it or leave it.

Ron

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.