Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of this 22. On one side of the barrel it says
Voere Vohrenbach made in Germany. on the other side it says
KDF Seguin/ Texas. Mod K-22 Cal 22LR. On the reciever it says
Titan. This gun also has some German markings. I bought this
back in the early 80's and have never seen another one. this gun
is a tack driver. I bought it new and have shot it very little.
Can anyone tell me about the quality and what it may be worth
today. It is a bolt action with a 5 shot clip. I appreciate your help.

PS. One fellow I talked to called it a Kliengunther. I am sure I
didn't spell that right.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Had one about the time you bought yours. Mine was the "basic" model with birch stock, but still had the same trigger, barrel, etc. as all the K22's. Outstanding rifle! Guy named Mike Massey (Firearms Unlimited) in Ft. Worth was a Kleingunther dealer and had a rack of them, basic, Deluxe with walnut stock, and custom-grade with fancy walnut stock with rosewood forend and grip cap. We had a real strong group here shooting NRA Hunter Silouette at the time (included Mike Massey, Robert Massey, David Tubbs and a very young Troy Lawton!) and several of us used the KDF 22's. Mike still has his custom-grade and shoots it regularly, will not sell it (except for a ridiculous price).

Opinion on pricing seems to vary quite a bit. According to Fjestad's Blue Book, a K-22 in 95% condition is as follows:

Basic - $260
Deluxe - $295
Deluxe Custom - $550

However, the last one I saw on GunsAmerica was a Deluxe that the owner wanted $600 for. He never got it and as far as I know still has the gun, he wouldn't budge on price. These things are fairly scarce with the KDF markings. They are Mauser 201's, but final finishing and test firing was done in Seguin by Kleingunther and they built outstanding hunting and target rifles in their day. Mine came with a 10m test taget that matched the Walthers and Krico's that Mike also stocked, for a lot less money. Hope this helps. You have a great gun there that I would buy in a minute for the "right" price. I think if Don Stith would make a BR stock for it and someone would do a good tuning job, it would blow all the Sako's, CZ's, Rem 541's and NS522's away!

Bill

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine has the rosewood forend but not the grip cap. It also didn't
come with iron sights. It just has the grooves for a scope. I have
a Burris 4x scope on it with the adjustable parallax.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
As Kent said, I own one, the "basic" birch stocked model.
These were originally made by the German Co. Voere(not to be confused with the Austrian Voere Co. of caseless cart. fame)and marketed in the USA by Kleingunther. These were sold with an accuracy guarantee and met it easily!
Another company was started named KDF (Kleingunther Distinctive Firearms) which continued to sell the K22 until Voere fell on hard times. Mauser stepped in, purchased the Voere co. and began marketing these rifles under their name and redesignated the 201.
The K22/201 is a forward locking lug,magazine fed bolt action with stellite inserts to prevent headspace changes due to wear.
The Kleingunther version I own has unrivaled metal finish better than "premium" riflesI've ever owned or seen. These rifles would be a steal at 3 times the "book" value based on side by side comparisons with several $1500.00+ rimfire rifles.
Triggers are fully adjustable, stocks are pillar bedded, 5 and 10 shot magazines are available, and as has been mentioned, they were available in many different grades based on wood quality.
I've been searching unsuccessfully for a replacement wood stock for mine,if anyone ever sees one please give me a yell.
Take care,
warren

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This gun is in perfect shape. The only time I fired it was to zero
the scope. I don't think it has maybe 25 rds thru it. the only
differents between now and when I got it is I had the stock
refinished because it came with a very dull finish. It now has
a real nice gloss finish. The metal is very deep blue and it is high
gloss. I sighted in at 25 yds, After I had the scope sighted in all
shots were in the same hole. I thought I was missing the target.
I would rate this gun at 99%, But I am sure it would get less
of a rating because I had the stock done over. there is not a
mark or a scratch anywhere. I may sell it but I wouldn't know
what to ask.

Best. tinyc

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have four Voere .22 semis, the early ones were made in Germany and the later ones in Austria by a different company with the same name. The rifles are similar and use the same mags.

The Austrian semis (Voere Kufstein http://www.voere.de/ ) are quite accurate.

Voere of Vorenbach, Germany manufactured your rifle for Kleingunther Distinctive Firearms of Texas (KDF) until 1987, when Voere Vorenbach was absorbed by Mauser-Werke.

The open bolt Vorenbach .22 semis imported briefly by Kleingunther have commanded premium prices since their importation was prohibited in the late seventies due to the ease with which they could be converted to full-auto.

Top three rifles are Canadian imports. The first two are open bolt vorenbach semis and the third is a closed-bolt Kufstein. (The bottom rifle is an open-bolt Gevarm)

·
Registered
472 Posts
I would also like to find one. My wife has started shooting with me and taken over my NS522, so I need something to beat her with! If anyone has one they want to sell, PM me! Cash available for the right offer, possible trades also.

Bill

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
K-22

Is there any importants to the word Titan on the reciever? One
dealer said that the Titan is a better grade of the K-22. Is this
true or are they all marked Titan? another dealer at a gun show
said he never heard of a Titan k-22 but that was the higher end
center fire models.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
The Titan K15 was one of their center fires and the Titan K22 was the rimfire. KDF also sold the voroe which the Titan K series was customed from. If you look at the end of the barrel of the K series, you'll see that KDF put a sleeve around the barrel. Accordingly it was made of aircraft grade titanium. They actually sleeved the whole action and all and then used a different stock. The 2 grades were deluxe and standard. The only difference in the 2 was the wood in the stock. All models were sleeved, had adjustable triggers and were offered with double set triggers. They were also pillar bedded and 2 allen head action screws were used.

That's all I can remember. I'll stick my neck out here and say that, as a stock sporting rifle, they were unbeatable in the accuracy dept.. They will shoot all brands of ammo exceptionally well.:t :D

·
Registered
472 Posts
Haven't personally seen a K22 with Titan on it, but it's been about 16 years since I sold mine and I don't run into many of them "in the flesh". The one dealer was right that KDF did call their high-end CF's Titans, so maybe at some point they marked the K22's similarly? Maybe Warren knows something about this.

Really ticks me off that I missed the one on GA. I even have it as a saved search option and just flat forgot to check for a couple of days. Oh well, if I didn't have to search for it, I probably wouldn't enjoy it as much or have any stories to tell about the "ones that got away".

Bill

·
Registered
472 Posts
Makes sense, mine was one of the original Kleingunther's, not a KDF. Not sure if I've even seen a KDF-marked gun. Back when I first got the gun (19-20 years ago?) I traveled on business quite a bit to San Antonio. I stopped in at the Kleingunther shop/factory in Seguin and it was way cool! The showed me around, showed me their indoor test range, some sample targets and some "ultra-deluxe" special order guns they had on hand. Great people! From what I heard and some online news clippings I read they basically got run out of Seguin due to some zoning ordance changes when they were one of the oldest businesses and employers there. Ain't progress a wonderful thing?

Bill

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Ya, you gotta love progress.:mad: One of the gunsmiths I used to deal with, his name was Bill.:t It was Bill that talked me into a doubleset trigger on one of mine. He set it to 6oz. . After I got used to it, it was really sweet to use, especially squirrel hunting.:cool:

Jim

·
Registered
472 Posts
Heads Up K22

K22,

Unless you decided to sell yours, a new one just "popped-up" in your neck of the woods. Check the classifieds at BRC, gentleman in Asheboro, NC has one "custom built by Mr. Kleingunther" for $650, comes with a hard case and rings. Might be worth checking out. You've got 1st shot, as requested!

Bill

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.