Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A buddy gave me this knife as a gift for helping him out with his house. It feels great and I like the way it handles. Haven't had a chance to use it on anything yet, so i can't comment on that aspect. It's got the S30V steel with some kind of coating or finish on it, so i have some high expectations for this knife...even though its a caping knife, im going to see how it does for dressing deer this fall. My only complaint so far is that the sheath is kinda wide, i think im going to see how much it will cost to have a custom one made for it. the supplied sheath is very usable, but could be better.

Anyway, i was just curious to see if anyone here has any comments or opinions of this knife.

Thanks,
DW

·
Registered
13,160 Posts
Congratulations on your good fortune

Was not impressed with that sheath that Cabelas has pictured on the website but no matter - easy to replace that. The knife itself looks like a winner. Personally, the only thing I'd add on to it is a lanyard hole, but thats just me - l've found lanyards are pretty handy on knifes used to process meat.

Thats a good friend you have there - I need friends like that. :cool:

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, he's a pretty good guy. i've gotten all sorts of stuff from him. I've got a Savage 420 (20 ga u/o) coming from him in the near future...85+/-% for $100. i got a Remington Auto Loading Shotgun (pre Model 11), that turned out to be a first year production (1905) for free...got another possibilty of getting a Browning A5 on the cheap from him too...

Anyway, if he needs help, i offer what i can and never expect anything in return, but he keeps giving me stuff...cool stuff!

I tried to get in touch with the leather shop down the street from me, but i guess business is slow because it's by "appointment only" now. i suppose i will have to suck it up and make the appointment.

DW

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.