Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped in there today for a couple things. Decided to check the .22 ammo for prices and grab a brick. Well they had 2 bricks of the Champion 510s. Where did that come from? Never saw that in the local stores. So I bought both for 12.80 each. The Hivel HP 550 bulk is still 11.97. Who says you still can't shoot cheap. Gotta check the other wallyworlds.!:)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Big Five Ammo Deal

I noticed that a brick of CCI Blazer was $21.99.

But the price on a box of 50 was only $1.68. So it is cheaper
to buy 10 boxes rather than a brick.

Gotta watch those guys!

Thom T

·
Registered
945 Posts
Heh, sportsmans warehouse near me did similar...

Blazers brick (500)- $18.99
Blazers bulk (525) - $13.99

For me, the bulk shoots identical to the boxed version, and those 25 rounds extra get you $5 off.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Stopped in there today for a couple things. Decided to check the .22 ammo for prices and grab a brick. Well they had 2 bricks of the Champion 510s. Where did that come from? Never saw that in the local stores. So I bought both for 12.80 each. The Hivel HP 550 bulk is still 11.97. Who says you still can't shoot cheap. Gotta check the other wallyworlds.!:)
I haven't seen any 510s here at Walmart yet. I did get another 550 box of Fed 750 and golden bullet 550 today. The prices were around $12 for the FED and $14 for the Remington. I noticed all the prices of ammo at the local gun shop went up again today. I took a look on line and got some cases of Mini-mags and 9 mm Blazers ordered. Natchez had the best price I could find on the 9 mm blazers (alum case). Those came to around $9,25 a box shipped to the door. They also had Wolf even cheaper and in stock. The Mini-mags I got were solids from Sportsman's Guide. They came to $5.50 a hundred shipped to the door. I don't order only a small amount at a time so I can take advantage of bulk orders. I think I should be set now until the end of the year or maybe a little more. For the price of all this ammo I could have gotten another gun or two. But a gun isn't any good if you can't shoot it and it doesn't work without ammunition.:Blasting_

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm still finding all the 510 I want at 1.28. I'm buying 714 at Dicks for 19.99 and using the $10 coupons while that lasts. Then I may start buying 510 again because all of it will only go up.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
K-Mart Deal on ammo

I stopped in at K-Mart close by my house. (Usually NO AMMO.)

They had Centerfire Rifle and Shotgun ammo and . . .
There was a tag on the edge of the shelf that said "CCI Mini-Mag" "$3.68."
But CCI Shotshells were on the shelf and no Mini-Mags.

So I asked the clerk to check the back room. She went out back to look
for Mini-Mags. She came back saying "I'm sorry, the labels are out of date and we can't sell them to you." "The manager says we have to send them back to K-Mart HQ."

I thanked the clerk and decided to ask the manager about it.
He said he would go out back and he came back with a small brown
box - full of 50 round boxes of Winchester Wildcats. "This is all the 22 Ammo we have in back."

I said, "These are not Mini-Mags, but how much do you want for them?" Answer: "$0.50 a box." I said, "Sold, I will take them all."

I got 33 boxes (1,650 rounds / 3 bricks and 3 boxes) for
$17.58. ($16.50 + tax) That's a penny a shot.

Well, its not Mini-Mags, but not bad at all for plinkin' ammo.

Thom T :harry:

They did have 1 Brick of Dynapoints for $30.00. (Yikes!) K-Mart still has them.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I stopped in at K-Mart close by my house. (Usually NO AMMO.)

They had Centerfire Rifle and Shotgun ammo and . . .
There was a tag on the edge of the shelf that said "CCI Mini-Mag" "$3.68."
But CCI Shotshells were on the shelf and no Mini-Mags.

So I asked the clerk to check the back room. She went out back to look
for Mini-Mags. She came back saying "I'm sorry, the labels are out of date and we can't sell them to you." "The manager says we have to send them back to K-Mart HQ."

I thanked the clerk and decided to ask the manager about it.
He said he would go out back and he came back with a small brown
box - full of 50 round boxes of Winchester Wildcats. "This is all the 22 Ammo we have in back."

I said, "These are not Mini-Mags, but how much do you want for them?" Answer: "$0.50 a box." I said, "Sold, I will take them all."

I got 33 boxes (1,650 rounds / 3 bricks and 3 boxes) for
$17.58. ($16.50 + tax) That's a penny a shot.

Well, its not Mini-Mags, but not bad at all for plinkin' ammo.

Thom T :harry:

They did have 1 Brick of Dynapoints for $30.00. (Yikes!) K-Mart still has them.
Sweet deal ! I am envious!

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Heh, sportsmans warehouse near me did similar...

Blazers brick (500)- $18.99
Blazers bulk (525) - $13.99

For me, the bulk shoots identical to the boxed version, and those 25 rounds extra get you $5 off.
Dunno about you, but I've found the blazer (individually boxed) and Federal 510's to be the same...

Look the same, same packaging, shoot the same, same velocity/weight, etc. Both Blazer and Federal are owned by ATK. Buy a box of each and check 'em out...for $12.80, they're cheapest to buy the federal's at walmart.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I have both Blazer (Bulk and Brick) and 510s. The Blazers are visibly different last I checked, with the dark heavy lube like CCI Std Velocity. 510s that I get around here have a clear lube that is typically almost dry. The Blazers don't chamber for me all the time. Most of the time, they get caught up in the driving band, don't chamber all the way and then won't fire because the hammer barely hits the firing pin. I don't get this problem with 510s.

They both shoot well for me, when they shoot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.