Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have finally been given the pleasure of experiencing the joys of a Gatewood stock for myself :D

Being I am a shrimp, I asked Claude to shorten an already short LOP Offhand stock that he had. He also shortened the forend to balance it better. What a great job! He is a master, for sure, and what a comfortable stock it is :t He christened my stock the Gatewood Shorthand :D

I have put a VQ CF barrel on it, and a Sightron 6-24. I am dying to test it.

Here is a picture that Claude sent to me of my stock laid on top of a normal Gatewood Offhand. I hope to get a picture of the complete rifle later on, but I thought you all would enjoy seeing the comparison shot. It's just so darn cute :eek:

Thanks Claude for my Gatewood Shorthand :cool:

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
It looks really good and short. It should really go good with the short carbon barrel also.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I have one of the LONGHAND versions. :p Its my favorite 10/22 rig. I have a stainless spiral fluted KIDD barrel inside with a silver VX-III Leupold on top. The Gatewood offhands are certainly one of the best feeling stocks I've ever slapped onto a 10/22 (own 5 currently, building #6 now).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.