Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tubbs .22lr barrel break in, polishing, whatever .22 rounds.
I saw the add in Midway's flyer and am interested if anyone has tried 'em.

has your family tried 'em powder rounds!

just curious

reid :D

· Registered
139 Posts
I used them on my 77/22 it tightened up my groups a little it did help when cleaning it, worked better on my .308 and .300 wsm tightened up groups alot. Try it it might do better in yours.

Shing

· Registered
1,824 Posts
I've fire lapped a few barrels,that were not very good to start with,it will help some.
Haven't tried Tubb's brand.

If ya got a pretty good barrel to start with ,leave it alone.

JMHO :)

· Registered
540 Posts
Slant,

On the 3 rifles you mentioned using the Tubb Final Finish on, did you use all 100 rounds in the kit for each rifle? Meaning one kit of 100 rounds per rifle, or like some have done only use half the kit (50 rounds).

· Registered
139 Posts
I used all of the .22s in my 77/22 and 50 of each kit of the .308 caliber the remaining rounds are for repolishing the throat after more throat erosion I haven't needed them yet on my .300 wsm but I need to run them through my .308 again my groups are starting to open up but I don't think its going to help I've got around 8 to 9000 rounds through it.

Shing

· Registered
623 Posts
Fire lapping a rifle with 8-9k rounds that is suffering accuracy loss from normal wear isn't going to help anything much, if at all and might possibly make things worse. With some throat erosion and wear from that much shooting, you need to take the barrel back and recut the chamber, possibly a recrown might not be a bad idea. Firelapping will only compound throat erosion, not correct it.

· Registered
540 Posts
There was a thread in the past discussing fire lapping .22's (i.e. Tubb Final Finish) and cautioning the use of it in hammer forged barrels. Is there any thruth to this and would it be o.k. to use it on such barrels as a "T" model or a Sako Finnfire?

· Registered
116 Posts
Reid Munford said:
Tubbs .22lr barrel break in, polishing, whatever .22 rounds.
I saw the add in Midway's flyer and am interested if anyone has tried 'em.

has your family tried 'em powder rounds!

just curious

reid :D
"If your .22 has tried them...you know it satisfied 'em" :t

M'bogo

· Registered
540 Posts
Well, I finally gave the Tubb Final Finish a try in both my 10/22 "T" and Sako Finnfire Varminter, and I must say that it did make an improvement in both. Use the same ammo that your rifle shoots well with in testing for improvement. This kit is not meant to make bad ammo shoot better, and I think people sometimes get the wrong idea. Results may vary. Goodluck to those who decide to decide to give it a whirl.

· Registered
1,645 Posts
"Their the real hot item...powder rounds!"

Think Garrison will let us play too?

Instead of the Ketchup advisory board we can have the Rimfire advisory board.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.