Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yea all,
my first model 60 1989 ( a pawner )and hopefully not the last, but this baby, after a good scrubbing is functioning so well, i will keep it, lol, a truck gun, but did a lot of work to make it this way, did the stock, rit dyed it, etc, took it for a ride, scoped a bsa sweet 17 and they work at 25 yds. will try a higher x scope next time. great shooters at 25 so far, 17 rounds and can be covered with a "big" quarter. that trigger sucks and will have to do some work on that soon. think i have a shooter.

nothing fancy, but my first one, can we see pics of yours, whatever they are.
a little grooving on the pistol stock area, some sanding, took me a whole day and a half. lol, rem, a trucker to be kept in the rig.

·
Registered
21,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea, one of the first things i do is remove the irons. old eyes and need to use
a scope. now for some trigger work. yesterday shot it at 25 yds and was getting very good groups firing all seventeen shots at one bull. pretty impressive considering how heavy the hammer is. was using win dynapoints.
forgot to bring diff ammo.

am still wondering how the greasy stuff will function in that tube, like wolf, aguila, eley, etc.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Good to see you got around to getting a new rifle. I wouldn't worry about using the greasy ammo in the mag tube.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.