Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have for the longest time been looking to get an FVT. A local dealer has one in stock that I looked at the other day. It says it is new but I noticed two problems. First is the front insert is missing. I didn't ask if they had them with the box and I assume they do but if they don't I was wondering what inserts fit so I know what I will be spending to get the gun usable.

Second and most importantly was the rear sight was loose. It rotated up and down. It seemed like it was only secured to the receiver with one screw. The big thumb screw with a flathead slot was tightened down far tighter than I could turn with my hand. I was wondering if getting this tight and in place was simple, such as a screw or something was missing, or if this is a serious problem that I will be investing a bit to get solved. Either way I'm asking for a discount since it isn't in new shape but I figured I should know if I am going to need a 30 cent screw or if Im going to need a couple months returned to Savage.

Thanks a ton.

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
The front sight inserts should be in a bag with the Accutrigger adjuster(if applicable). If they aren't, the Williams Globe inserts are the same size. The rear sight mount should be attached to the receiver with 2 screws and the sight itself to the mount with the large screw. Take a look at the stock right where the rear sight mount is. There should be an inlet(step down) of about 1/8" to let the sight mount correctly. If there isn't an inlet the action won't mount flush. The FVT had this problem until Savage redesigned the stock. You can always use a file and emery cloth and do the inlet yourself, it's not a big deal to do. I hope the rifle works out for you, they are great guns.:Blasting_

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.