Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone have an update on the VQ Fusion? How do they shoot? They certainly are COOL looking. I made the mistake of holding one on Sat. and now it's on lay-a-way. No buyers remorse, I NEED it LOL. I was just wondering if everyone is happy with it. Thank's, Terry

·
Registered
315 Posts
I've got Fusion number 47 in 17HMR. After about 400 rounds and 3 cleanings I'm still waiting to get the groups down to under 3/4" at 100. VQ says people are getting 1/2" groups and I'm hoping that also applies to the Fusion. Cool gun but not sure what to do here...still waiting to hear back from Volquartsen.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ReidH, I went ahead and bought one, #19, I shot it a little last sat. and its a one hole shooter at 50 yrds. I didn't have time to shoot it a 100 very much, but it looks promissing. 1" on a poor rest, hope it get's a little better. I also hope your's come's around for you. I would imagine that VQ will take of it, I heard they have outstanding customer service. Good luck to you. T

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought mine from Kesselrings in Burlington/ Alger. They sold 5 in 3 days and as of Wed. they have none in stock. I shot it a 100 yards and it's TIGHT. 1/2''-5/8" groups with Hornady, Not so good with CCI. I am very happy with this rifle. Heading to MT. today found out the gophers are hard in to the pea's. VQ & Kimber to the rescue!! You can call Don and see if is expecting any more Fusions. He did get in a Cooper .17 varmiter while I was there, I think that gun would be worth owning. Very nice!! Good Luck, Terry

·
Registered
315 Posts
Howard,
Good question, but I don't have a 22 barrel...yet. Though when I get the 17 sorted, I may go for the 22 mag barrel for coyotes, especially if there's a ballistic tip w/slightly lighter bullet in that cal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Moses Lake and I don't know of any varmints around here. There are a few rock chucks but they seem to be on private land and around houses. That of course makes it tough. Lots of ravens around but not exactly sure what the legality of shooting them is. Still have good numbers of coyotes if you want to chase them.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Howard, don't shoot the ravens, they're protected! Shoot all the crows you want if they're depredating crops (most of the time) or during the hunting season. I think 10-1 thru 1-31.
Have fun and let me know if you want to call some coyotes. I'm itchin to try my 17 Fusion!

·
Registered
467 Posts
T Picard, Howard & ReidH

Looks like a WA sub-forum here. I'm in the lovely city of Seattle (yeah, I know, say no more) but also own a place near Republic in Eastern WA. Some weeks ago I'd ordered an Anschutz from my regular dealer and a couple of weeks later he called to tell me that I was out of luck, there were none to be found in the country. I immediately cancelled my just ordered S&B scope for the Anschutz and started shopping for a replacement gun. Today I bought that gun from Kesselrings near Burlington, WA. Man, what a gun shop! They had 3 Coopers and 8 Volquartsens (but no more Fusions) plus CZ's and everything else you could dream of. I had intended to buy a Volquartsen but bought a Cooper instead. It's their "low end" Classic style. I'm off for the summer place tomorrow and will start to break it in. The test target is a 3 shot group that neither the salesman nor I thought was more than one shot. Wonderful trigger, nice wood, appears to be a great gun.

I wanted to buy a VQ real bad but couldn't justify 2 guns in one day. That means I'll be there another day....

Mark2

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mark,
Good choice on the Cooper, I went in to buy a Cooper and bought the VQ. LOL! All Kesselrings had then was the High Grade Cooper, a tad more than I wanted to spend. Ron and Don Kesselring are great guys and have great inventory of firearms. Their employees are top notch too. Good luck with the Cooper, I kind of wish they had a larger mag. 4 shot is small for the kind of gophering I had lately. Lots of targets. But it sure is a beautful.
Good Luck, T

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.