Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I decided to take along my Ultra Lux on my trip to Arizona. While I was there I got the chance to shoot in an ARA match. It was a hot hot windy windy windy day out there! I came in last, but I wasn't too worried about that. All the other rifles were hardcore benchrest rifles on some serious rests (return to battery models) that were made by one of the competitors. They score their targets different from our online matches and it heavily favors bulls. But the main thing was it was a blast. That and the CZ didnt shoot bad at all!. I was flinging cheap ammo downrange and was fairly accurate, but I had a heck of a time reading the wind....relying on some wind flags a few benches down. I can see how it would get addictive. And the coolest thing was everyone checking out my rifle and liking it ;)

oh, and john...also shot a ton the day before...my stuff - 10 rnds in a half in hole at 50 yds...and nice set of groups in the wind at 100 yds. I also shot an SKS, AR15, and FAL...nailed the metal targets out at 300 meters! woohoo! I like the FAL!
:D :D :D :D
Curt

·
Registered
80 Posts
Curt,

I got to shoot a few hundred rounds after the BFI class on Saturday.

I got tired of trucking paper targets down to the backstop and grabbed a handful of 9mm cases and punched them in the holes on the target board.

At 25 yards, I got so I could hit them about 80% of the time with the iron sights. BTW, Blaser cases vaporize when hit with a .22LR. They leave a white powder all over the target board!

FUN little rifle, and quiet!

pop, WHACK! pop, WHACK!

Even shooting standard 22LR ammo, the whack of the bullet hitting downrange was louder at the firing line than the report. I think it will be almost silent with 22 shorts.

It shot pretty well with the copper plated Federal Classic, the bulk packed Federal I bought a couple of years ago from WalMart wasn't as good a performer, but was still accurate enough to be fun for plinking.

I can't wait to shoot some match ammo through this rifle at 50 yards!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.