Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Glen,

Yes it is. The guy used this set-up in competition. He started shooting more ARA and eventually let this one go. He said it worked real well. He sold it because he found a good used one piece rest that I guess he likes better. The rear rest he said cost him $80.

Brad

·
Banned
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Cooper is going back tomorrow. I'm really going to have to get me a better more designed bench gun for shooting USBR targets though. I have been thinking about a used Anschutz 54, 40X or 52D. Now I just need to get the money.

Brad

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Brad, you can always fire up the Marlin while the Cooper is gone. Judging by some of the groups you posted before you got the Cooper, the Marlin is pretty dang close anyway.;)

·
Banned
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Jeff, In all honesty the Marlin 17VS will out shoot the Cooper for consistant smaller groups at 50yds I do believe. I'm without both Marlin 17's. My 17VS is still waiting on the stock to be made for it. My 917V had to go back to the factory again for the 3rd time. I'm miserable right now. But at least I'm cool and got AC and RFC! That's a 1-2 punch! :D

Brad

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hey Brad

Boy.......you have got a slick set-up now! Love that rear rest and can hardly wait till Scott gets my Fudd top out to me!!! Sounds like you are sorta "gunless" right now?Mine and "Dales" buddy had to send his Marlin .17 in also.It suddenly gained headspace and the firing pin no longer hit the rim.Less than 1,000 rds.Well....anyway,enjoy the new rest and stay cool."Dale" and i are shooting our very first ever ARA match this Sunday[supposed to be about 102 deg. with 75-85% humidity.] Later Amigo
Colt.45

·
Registered
691 Posts
Sorry, had to talk smack on my bud...

Actually I think he will kick my butt. I have had about all the good cards I think that I am going to get for a bit. He still has them to come. It is all about peaking at the right time. I think he will, and I already have. Anyway, that is my excuse and I am sticking to it! :D

·
Banned
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
The whole front rest is a Fudd design made by Scott Hamilton. The base is actually called a Mountain Specialties base which is the name of Scott's company that makes these rest.

Mountain Specialties
Scott "Fudd" Hamilton
8206 Dunlap Cr. Rd.
Covington, VA 24426
540-962-9545 (Home)
540-962-2416 (Shop)
[email protected]

http://www.benchrestspecialties.com/Mountain.htm

The Horton rest was made by Paul Horton. He just made about a 1/2 dozen or so for himself and some of his shooting buddies. I just so happen to buy this whole package off of one of his buddies that had one of his rear rest and he included it in with the Fudd rest. That's how I lucked into it. He told me he had $80 in the Horton rest. You can't buy them. But you can try contacting him. He lives I believe close to Linn MO which is close to Jefferson City. Charlie Peters on Benchrestcentral.com can tell you more than I can on the subject.

Brad

·
Banned
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Here you go. You may be able to get one by calling Paul. His phone # is in this link.

Paul Horton 573-897-4249

http://www.benchrest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25206

Ron Hoehn has one with his phone # listed as well. It's the one Charlie sold to him.

You can also contact Charlie Peters. He said he has a friend that may part with his Horton rest.

Brad

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.