Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys
first let me say i know nothing about 10/22s except they are made by ruger and leupold makes a one piece base for them !!!
anyway
the one in question is a standard 10/22 RB
i have a couple of questions about it
can you free float the barrel all the way out
and also how would one mount a harris bipod on it all it has is a barrel /stock band in front there is no swivel stud so im guessing
we would install a stud and mount to that or is there an adapter for them?

any help would be great
thanks guys
divr6347:) :)

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
You have to either cut the barrel band and reduced diameter tip off and put a forend tip on....OR sand the inside of the barrel band that goes over the barrel out to where it doesn't touch the barrel and still has extra clearance for slight barrel movement after floating the barrel..........as to the Harris BiPod.....a standard type sling swivel stud would work best and be solid for the bipod attachment........either a screw in with some accraglass to help hold it or a stud/nut type if you get the thin/shallow version to avoid the stud hitting the barrel..... glass the barrel action joint area to support the action front and barrel.......check the tips section for some tips on doing the work and let the gun tell you if it likes the floated barrel or wants a pressure point to shoot best.......good luck and good shooting!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.