Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Digging around my "Stuff" yesterday and I found my old Pellet Pistol. Been packed away some 15-20 yrs. I remember I always had it with me in my early teen years until I upgraded to a Ruger Standard around 16-17 yrs old. Pretty beat up from my use as a youth, but if I remember right, it was pretty darn accurate.
It is a Crossman Mark II Target .177 pellgun.
Installed a CO2 cartridge and it slowly hissed itself empty.
Crossman website state it don't supply parts for it anymore. But I found most parts lists, user manuals, and dissassembly instructions for it on the web.

Does anyone know where I could find seals for it?

I'd like to get back up and shooting. My son is only 4, but I think he might enjoy it (with my supervision) in the next couple years or so.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great replies everyone, thank you very much.

Very excited. I never new it had an adjustable trigger, and adjustable power.

Yes Redjeepgirl, there are many memories comming back to me since I found this again. Some have bragging merit, some are.. what the hell was I thinking!

As kids, all the fellows had a pellet guns and we was alway trading stuff. I think I traded a cheap semi-auto bb gun for this. Knowing what I know now, me thinks I came out on top.

The Piercing Body O-ring is hard as a rock, we'll see if that pellgun oil will soften it up some. I will still look for new seals. Or get it in for someone to look at, I am sure it needs it.

·
Registered
624 Posts
"Before trying anything else, put a drop or two of Crosman Pelgun Oil on the nipple of a CO2 cartridge and snug it up. That might cure your leak."
That would be worth a try. Even my Crosman CO2 rifle (only 2 years old) recommended putting a drop of gunoil on the end of the CO2 cartridge before installing it. Seems to be working so far. I'll keep on doing that.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I recently dug my first air pistol out. It is a Crosman 1300 Medalist II. It needed new seals, and I just installed them. Now it shoots like the old days. Woo-Hoo. I will have to post pictures of the antique...the pistol, not me.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Do it yourself

But I found most parts lists, user manuals, and dissassembly instructions for it on the web.
Since you have all the info, just take the old seals to any A/C - Refrigeration warehouse. They have all the seals you need in all the right sizes and the best part is they are made of the latest greatest material :bthumb:

I've got a TwinMaster pistol and unless you speak German you ain't getting parts. When I had my A/C unit on the house serviced this past spring I showed the tech the o-rings I needed, he went out to his truck and came back with a box of all the different sizes, gave me enough to rebuild it a few times over and didn't charge me a dime :bthumb:

BTW...now that I think of it, the first time I blew a o-ring out the local paintball shop had the one I needed. I think they have the same box of o-rings the A/C guys have :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had mine rebuilt by Ollie Damon's in Portland (503) 232-3193. They did a great job. I don't know if they will sell parts separately, though.
Well I never got to this project and didn't see when I could attempt to try and repair myself.
So I sent mine off to Ollie Damon's and I am very please!! And with lightning speed! I am glad I did, they did o-rings and replaced a few worn parts inside as well.
I thwacked at a phone book a few times indoors last night, but I'll do some more plinking tonight somewhere else, all I need to do is miss and put a hole in the wall and it will be over for me, he he.

Now I think I found a place for new grips.
But my next question would be what you would use or do to refinish this tattered old air pistol?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.