Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a Mossberg stock, profile looks alot like a 45/46 type. Pretty clear that it's for some kind of tube fed .22.

The green and red dots are still in place for a safety, trigger guard looks like the later finger groove plastic units but is made of aluminum! It has a captured screw that would secure the stock to the rifle and a synthetic buttplate. Found it in a "box of stocks" at the local gunshop.

Figured I would clean it up, figure out what it was and see who might need one. Anybody know what it goes to?

·
Registered
6,877 Posts
We need pictures!! :bthumb:

The aluminum trigger guard is an aftermarket replacement that you can buy. It's smooth without the "finger grooves" right? I think Brownels sells it.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Honestly guys, I don't think it's aftermarket. If it is....it's been on there for decades as it really seems to match the character of the wood etc...It looks IDENTICAL to a Mossberg unit but in aluminum, fingergrooves and all. It is inletted into the stock and secured with two screws just like the plastic units. Stock has a cheekpiece on the left side as seen from the rear. No sling swivels and it doesn't look like there ever were any on it.

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
I have seen the aluminum copies with the finger grooves. I remember a kid making a few of those back in Jr High (40 years ago) in metal shop. Cast the plastic one in a sand mold and poured aluminum for the casting. Not hard to do.

Mossberg didn't use aluminum.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
:e NOPE!!!-SORRY!! Wrong Guess!!Didn't catch the 'tube feed part'!!

ek: :) Just a wild guess!! Model 25 series maybe??!!:confused: :hide: ! {Dwight]-Blkwollf!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.