Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a new in box, including the box Mk. I Target (bull barrel) with four mags (also new in box) at a local shop. He wants $350 for it all. Is that a good price? It has never been fired.

·
Registered
644 Posts
AFshooter said:
There is a new in box, including the box Mk. I Target (bull barrel) with four mags (also new in box) at a local shop. He wants $350 for it all. Is that a good price? It has never been fired.
Seems ok to me. Depends on the year of manufacture I suppose.
I saw just a MK1 box and papers sell for more than that on E-bay but it was a late 50's or very early 60's box with all the paperwork.
I have a 69 vintage MK1 5.5 inch target with over 125,000 rounds shot through it. So they hold up well.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
I would talk him down...seems kinda steep to me. It would make a good collectible if kept in it's current condition.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I'm seeing $300+ pricing regularly on MK 1 targets without box or papers.
However, I'd argue that it's usually pretty hard for most to prove a gun has NEVER been fired . If someone went through the trouble of aquireing 4 mags, I'd bet they took it to the range at least once. Still, it seems like the price is decient even if it's minty but fired. Congrats on a nice find on a nice target gun with collectors appeal. :t Let us know how it shoots.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
True about the not being able to prove the never fired thing. I think it is a decent deal because of the mags. I plan to get a Mk. II so the mags would come in handy. They do use the same mags right?
I think it will be a great collector piece.

·
Registered
103 Posts
yeah

well it depends. my late mK I can us unmoded MK II's. early Mk I's had the button on the wrong side. late MK I mags could be changed to work in either gun. so it depends on when the mags were made. they could be good for either. I personaly use MK II's in my late MK I due to the 10 round vice 9 round capability. sorry I don't have dates for ya.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
All the newer Mark II magazines have the follower slots cut on both sides of the magazine body to allow shooters of the older Mark I's to switch the follower button to the side they need to have the mag operate in their pistol. In short, any new magazine will fit and work in the older Mark I, you don't need to buy any of the older (rarer) 9 shot standard magazines for that pistol.

R,
Bullseye

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Buy it. A minty Mark I, with the box and papers, is going to go well over the $400 mark, without the spare mags. Keep it safe, well-lubed, and minty, and it'll beat the thousand dollar range in a few more years. Rugers are becoming collectibles in the .22 game, and mint versions of the earlier weapon are vanishing into collections. Remember, the success of these pistols hinged on the affordability, as much as the accuracy. Most have been well-used in the past 55 years. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.