Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive gotten the bug for finishing up what someone else has started.

Im considering the Volquartsen Stainless Receiver or the Force non threaded receiver for my Volquartsen Carbon fiber barrel. Brownells sales the Force receiver at a lower cost than the Volquartsen. I dont really like the look of the mount on the Force receiver, so I am considering the one without the mount. Is this one drilled and tapped for mounting a base? Im also considering the Volquartsen bolt assembly and Kidd Supermatch trigger. Anybody see anything wrong with the combination of a Force receiver, Volquartsen Bolt assembly, and a Kidd trigger?

Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Sounds like a pland to me
and a good one!

Goodluck & Goodshootin.

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Chief says : WHY WOULD YOU WANT. = The FORCE
receiver without the scope mount? its not Steel.

The whole aspect in FORCES receiver is the fact that
it has a milled in "intergal" scope base. Less chance
for error " no base screws to work loose".

NO built in base= STANDARD RUGER ALUMINUM.

Less Im missin somethin = o.k. REAR LUG.

ANYWAY . my thoughts CD.

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Chief says : WHY WOULD YOU WANT. = The FORCE
receiver without the scope mount? its not Steel.

The whole aspect in FORCES receiver is the fact that
it has a milled in "intergal" scope base. Less chance
for error " no base screws to work loose".

NO built in base= STANDARD RUGER ALUMINUM.

Less Im missin somethin = o.k. REAR LUG.

ANYWAY . my thoughts CD.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chief,

One of the first things about the Force receiver with intergal base is, I dont really like the appearance. ;) I do agree with you on the logic of an intergal mount. The second thing would be I have always followed the rule of mounting my optics as close to the bore as possible. Is it necessary with a .22, probably not! Is the quality of this receiver (even with no base) not higher than a mass produced Ruger?

Yes I do like the fact it has a rear lug. That is large part of the reason Im giving the Force Receiver a good look.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
My recommendation as well is to go with the MOA from brownells. Stainless Steel, CNC machined, can use either standard slip fit barrels or screw in style, has a rear lug. Is cheapest option considering what all you get.

The MOA receiver is a bead blasted finish. I like it, some folks dont. It doesent effect accuracy or strength, so why pay so much more for a shiney VQ???????????? If you want ........you could shine it up yourself with a little elbow greese and time.

You can also save some more cash by buying a bolt from Randy at CPC. He does top quality work on a factory bolt making it nearly as good if not better than the VQ bolt. Total price= $80

JMHO
swampf0x

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.