Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swapped barrels for heck of it and when I took the slide off the screw just above the "Warning Read Safety Manual" was backing out. Should I locktite that screw or tighten the little bugger and see if it happens again?

Which front sight number should I use to raise the POI?

·
Registered
251 Posts
That's common. Blue loc-tite and run it back in snug.

To raise the point of impact, use a shorter front sight. If I remember correctly, it comes with a #3 on it, and they also give you #2 and #4. I believe the #2 is the shorter one. I think I'm currently using #2 on mine (not that that has anything to do with anybody else's).

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I'll do the locktite and try out the number 2 because I think the number 4 is in right now.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll be doing the screws and maybe even the barrel nut since it loves to come loose. I like switching between the long and shorter barrels anyway.

·
Premium Member
8,977 Posts
You can still take the barrel nut off when you want to change barrels but I think there is the possibility of damage to the gun when shooting it with a loose barrel. That barrel hammering around can't possibly be doing anything good that was originally carefully machined to fit squarely. 1911M

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.