Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What did your mom make you eat growing up that you are glad as an adult you never have to eat it again?
Mine will be strange to the rest of you but it is Lobster. My dad fished for lobster commercial so anything that didn't sell came home. So I ate it a few times a week.

·
RFC Admin & Consigliere
13,183 Posts
"Cream Chipped Beef on Toast", aka "Stuff on a Shingle". Powdered milk.
I was raised by a single mom with two older brothers, mom divorced dad for unforgivable marital infidelity. So, "One weekend a month" Dad from infancy, we lived on a tight budget.
I can think of many things that we were served "on the cheap", but SOS is some thing that I would never choose to eat again.

DrGunner

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
Liver and onions, cow tongue and heart. Everything else was great! Growing up on a cattle ranch we ate a lot of deer, pheasants, rabbit. Beef went to the sale barn...but we had a feast of Rocky Mountain oysters once or twice a year when we worked calves...better than a tender loin, and you could make a sammich the next day, still delicious.

·
RFC Admin & Consigliere
13,183 Posts
Boiled cabbage sucks.
Yeah- like Polish stuffed cabbage rolls Golumpki , pronounced "Gwumpkey" by my grandmother.
🤮🤮🤮. That and brussels sprouts. I make it a point not to eat anything that smells like it should've been thrown out last week, or was already "processed" by someone else, lol

Reactions: Bjack and 541MD

·
Registered
55 Posts
Believe this is related. When I drink orange flavored Metamucil in the morning I get the cool airy sensation of drinking Tang as a child knowing I will grow up to be an astronaut.

I'm old and gray now, my wife tells me I'm an azz, so apparently things worked out!

·
Registered
666 Posts
My mom and dad were pretty good about make my sister and I eat stuff. However, my uncle used to make me eat coleslaw when I was very young and I swore no one would EVER make me eat something I didn’t like. Coleslaw is my kryptonite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
What did your mom make you eat growing up that you are glad as an adult you never have to eat it again?
Mine will be strange to the rest of you but it is Lobster. My dad fished for lobster commercial so anything that didn't sell came home. So I ate it a few times a week.
I love lobster..but I can understand eating it that often loses its appeal and a greasy cheeseburger would be great...to be honest I dont recall any one food my Mom made me eat that I hated that much...

·
Premium Member
1,137,361 Posts
banned
You asked this question before Splatz.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rosscoe

·
Registered
131 Posts
Brussel sprouts, lima beans, liver of any kind. I appreciate the effort my parents put forth in keeping the family fed...but dear Lord.
I keep thinking I may eventually come around on pretzels. Nope. Still hate them.

·
Premium Member
25,482 Posts
You're pronouncing it wrong!
Motor vehicle Sleeve Font Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
361 Posts
Liver and onions. I haven't eaten since I left home at 18, 56 now.
As a child I was stubborn. I was told I couldn't;t leave the table till I finished my plate, liver. I just fell asleep at the table sitting up in the chair. There's a picture for proof.
Mom tried to make me eat it for breakfast. Nope. Pretty sure I probably got spanked and sent to my room but it was a long time ago..lol
After I left home for school I didn't eat rice for years. We would have rice almost every night.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Liver and onions. I haven't eaten since I left home at 18, 56 now.
As a child I was stubborn. I was told I couldn't;t leave the table till I finished my plate, liver. I just fell asleep at the table sitting up in the chair. There's a picture for proof.
Mom tried to make me eat it for breakfast. Nope. Pretty sure I probably got spanked and sent to my room but it was a long time ago..lol
After I left home for school I didn't eat rice for years. We would have rice almost every night.
Was your mom mommie dearest?

1 - 20 of 73 Posts