Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently purchased an older (J SN prefix) 39A on an auction and it has a Redfield peep sight installed and the regular barrel sight removed. I know I can purchase a replacement regular rear sight pretty cheaply, but I've read about sights with a folding leaf so it can be left in place (or in my case, reinstalled) for use when/if the peep is installed. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I'm putting together an order for Brownells right now, but don't see them there. If I can't find one, I can get the regular rear assembly for under $13.

TIA

Rob

EDIT: Found it by looking at the rifle model schematic. They have the whole assembly for about $16 (retail) and the folding leaf for $5.66. What I'm not certain is if the "assembly" includes the folding leaf or if it is a standard leaf and have to add the folder. Well, it's only $5 so I'll order both and maybe have a spare leaf.

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
Barrel rear sights are best removed entirely, when using a receiver peep - as receiver peeps are not usually removed.

Tang sights are often zeroed for longer ranges & then folded to use the shorter range zeroed barrel sight, which also folds when the tanger is used.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I have a Williams Foolproof rear sight on my Mountie. I recently put a folding rear back in the slot to use to practice for CAS. I got the sight from Brownell's. It is a Marble folding rear, adjustable for windage and elevation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.