Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Found an Fn 502 at Academy yesterday and picked it up. Was looking for the Sig 322 but no luck.
Only got around 100 rounds so far but no hiccups. Ammo used was Cci Standard,Aquila Standard,and Cci Quiet semi auto.
The first box of cci standards shot without optic installed and the sight plate loosened up twice which was aggravating. The rest was with optic installed. All shots were suppressed.

Will check back later when I get more shots and a good zero to check for accuracy.
Air gun Wood Trigger Gun barrel Machine gun

·
Registered
24 Posts
Not a lot of 502 chat here, hopefully the number of owners will pick up. As I posted elsewhere my gun was recalled and FN is going to replace it. I probably had about 2,000 rounds through it and did not have trouble with any ammo. Once I mounted a Vortex, the mounting screws would come loose every 50-75 rounds. I picked up some Loctite but now need to wait for a new gun. I did have to use a shim to mount my optic so that may be a bit of a factor. Overall, I really like the gun and it's nice that additional mags are now available.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so I got close to another 100 down the barrel this evening. Unlike yesterday though the cci standards failed to lock the slide back on the last shot.I also shot more Aquilla standards and added some Norma Tac to the mix. Slide locked back with both.

The 10 round magazine is hard to seat. Have to really smack it in there with my palm. The 15 rounder doesn't have that problem.And so far the optic plate screws have not loosened up like the plate did that came installed. Of course the optic plate screws come with thread locker on them while as far I can tell the other plate does not.Also I wish the rear irons on the optic plate weren't molded in cause the red dot zeroed off center of the irons. I'd like to have a true cowitness. Guess I can drift the front sight if needed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
May I ask for what purpose a "shim" was required to mount your optic?
I was running out of elevation adjustment. I thought there was a problem with the red dot (Vortex Venom). When I contacted Vortex customer service they said to get a shim. It must be common problem as they knew right away what the fix was. I was amazed at how thin it was and still produced results. Here is what I ordered. You can see it's for many different red dots so I guess a pretty common problem. The following is from Amazon.
Ade Advanced Optics Optics Delrin Shims 1.0 Degree for Vortex Venom & Viper, Burris Fastfire II, III,Red dot Sight

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
I just got a 502 today. Was looking for a suppressor host pistol and wound up with this one. I shot a few rounds today in the yard and have mounted a holosun and will try to shoot for accuracy tomorrow.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just got a 502 today. Was looking for a suppressor host pistol and wound up with this one. I shot a few rounds today in the yard and have mounted a holosun and will try to shoot for accuracy tomorrow.
Today was the first chance I got to really bench it.So far not at all happy with accuracy sorry to say.Also running with a Holosun. It's all over the place. I shot it with both my rimfire cans with same results.So I took the optic off and shooting with the irons it shoots so high at 35 yards I have to hold very bottom of a 10 inch plate to even hit it. I bet it's shooting close to 5 inches high and that's using a 6 o clock hold too.The only thing I haven't done is shoot it without a suppressor which I plan on tomorrow.Also the screws keep backing out.

So far I am not happy with it. For comparison shot my TX 22 at same distance and it grouped great as usual. I am going to also make sure it's not the optic and test it on the Mark iv since I just got the holosun same time as the FN

To be continued

1 - 7 of 7 Posts