Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in learning about the "Fleming" or "Subcal" .22 conversion kit for the M11/9 and MAC-10 family of submachineguns and open-bolt semi-auto pistols. Well, let's also include their conversion kit for the closed-bolt versions of those 9mm and .45 semi-auto pistols, too.

My M11/9 subgun fires at about 1000 rpm. Now that 9mm ammo costs 25 cents a round, it makes for a really expensive bullet hose. For years (on and off at various times over the last 25 years) a guy named Fleming has produced .22 LR conversion kits for these kinds of guns. They use a Ruger 10/22 magazine that comes in from the left side of the upper receiver.
Since .22 ammo is cheap and high capacity 10/22 mags are plentiful, I bought a kit like this many years ago.

It was junk. The bore was poorly finished and filled with lead after just a few shots. The weapon had no extractor of any kind-- apparently it was designed to just let the chamber pressure blow out the empty case. It works 75% of the time. That is, every forth or fifth shot it would jam. It also had failure-to-feed jams as well as failure to eject jams. I returned it and got a full refund. No harm, no foul.

Well, I still want one. I just want it to work. I see the "Subcal" kits by Fleming are out on the market again. Only now they cost $400 instead of the $200 that I paid. If they function properly, they would be worth it. It would almost be like having a second machinegun for about 1/10 the cost of what a transferable .22 full auto costs.

Does anybody know if the new versions of these sub caliber conversion kits actually work? Please share any info you have. Thanks.

· Premium Member
30,508 Posts
I talked to a lot of folk years ago who had them and they had major problems just like you described. I haven't heard anything lately. If you find any info post it here because I would get one for my M11. I just won't do it until I hear from first hand experience after the dismal results from Fleming's first effort.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.