Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a BMR (my first rifle ever) and have been playing around and getting familiar with using a scope (for the first time ever). Having a lot of fun. Today, I decided to try my hand at 50yd targets at the indoor range down the road. Heard some things about Norma TAC-22 and decided I would try it. Just thought I would share.
That first shot! Whoah! Then I got “normal” lol. I did adjust the elevation a few clicks for the last two rows and that helped. Think I did ok overall. A few got away, but I’m feeling good as a beginner and am confident I can improve.
Happy shooting!!!
Green Font Line Circle Pattern

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Ole IBS 50 target...those are fun to shoot. What is your front and rear set up?
If I’m understanding what you’re asking, I’ve got an Accu-tac SR-5 Gen 2 on the front, and a sock filled with poly-pellets in the back.

If I’m not understanding your question, then we can laugh at my ignorance!

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
OP - based on your target, i think I have a lemon!

But truth be told, after about 500 rounds hoping it will settle, i do believe my BMR steel is a lemon . About to contact BERGARA next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
So I got a BMR (my first rifle ever) and have been playing around and getting familiar with using a scope (for the first time ever). Having a lot of fun. Today, I decided to try my hand at 50yd targets at the indoor range down the road. Heard some things about Norma TAC-22 and decided I would try it. Just thought I would share.
That first shot! Whoah! Then I got “normal” lol. I did adjust the elevation a few clicks for the last two rows and that helped. Think I did ok overall. A few got away, but I’m feeling good as a beginner and am confident I can improve.
Happy shooting!!! View attachment 311049
Without reading your post, and going to the pic, first thought was shooting a rifle with a scope that had not been zeroed.
I'd keep messing around, but would look for a different ammo, even CCI SV.
Norma Tac22 is getting rave reviews, but when I bought a Bergara B14R carbon, it was by far the worst ammo tested. Now, our rifles are not the same, no need to compare.
Being new to both a rifle and a scope, you will only get better. I am pretty sure 55 yrs ago, I missed plenty of my Dad's beer cans at 7 yards with a 22LR. Keep it fun!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Keep at it. There are several factors that are going to play into your accuracy. Scope setup, power and capability. Scope parallax and eye position behind the eyepiece. Consistent trigger pull. Consistent hold on the rifle. Cheek weld. Breathing. And once you get consistent at all that, there’s finding a consistent performing ammo and reading the ever changing environment. The endeavor and all the time spent practicing is what makes it fun.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Looks like you shot a 231with two x score. Last two rows looked very good. Might try fouling out your barrel more before starting a target. Try Eley or SK. Watch out you will want custom build rifle next.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Only had BMR Steel for short time but started with SK Magazine, then went straight to hunting with Winchester Max 42 Subsonic. Last few weeks RWS Subsonic HP, some of the best squirrel hunting in my life. Light, handy, accurate, well balanced with sturdy stock. Half pound lighter than my favorite CZ 452 American. Only thing I can find to criticize is that the bolt clicks when you open it. But that still didn't keep me from getting my limit so, I can live with it 😀🐿
Is it a bench rest competition rifle? No, thank the Lord and sing his praise, but it is a great hunting rifle.
By the way, Bergara does make a heavier benchier version. The B14R.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts