Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

first rifle which one should it be? HELP

527 5
PLEEEEES HELP first rifle which one should it be? HELP

i have bin doing reserch on these rifles for a cuple months now and i would like to know what you guys would recomend.

i should be going to buy my rifle in a month and it is my first i have a okay undertsnding of rifles

SO PLEEEEEEEEEES HELP

A. savage mk2 bv
B. savage mk2 fvt
C. marlin 925M
D. savage mk2 g
E. cz 452 trainer

i want a bolt 22. because i hear it is good for biginners.

???dose the bv also have sites not only skope mounts???

thancks :) :) :)
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
thancks maby i'll go with you

yes iv heard many good thing about the cz 452 but i would also like to know out of the ones i'v listed wich ones is the best in acuracy and i am a tall pirson so wich one should i get.

but i mite just stick with the cz

·
Registered
20 Posts
A .22LR makes a fine first rifle. The ammo is inexpensive so you will be able to do a lot of shooting and .22's can be highly accurate with the right ammo. Also the recoil is light so you will avoid developing a nasty flinch. Plus .22’s are just a lot of fun. Even when you move up to bigger calibers you will find that your .22 will still be your favorite fun fire to shoot.

Any of the rifles on your list would be a fine choice. You did not mention what kind of shooting you will be doing; backyard tin can plinking, small game hunting, competitive match shooting? The MARK II-FVT with Peep Sights has the competition style peep sites which would be fine for matches but are not that good for hunting or plinking. The MARK II-G comes with standard notch sites which are fine for plinking but if you are like me you will prefer a scope. You will need to purchase bases to attaché to the MARK II-G, but that is not a problem since bases are not expensive. The MARK II-BV comes with the scope bases and has a heavy barrel and will help you be a little more accurate. I also like the wood or laminated wood stocks on the G & BV models. I don’t like plastic stocks. They always feel cold and clammy in my hands while wood always feel warm to me.

The Marlin 925M is a 22 Win. Magnum rifle rather than .22LR (long rifle). .22 mags are more powerful but the ammo is less available and more expensive. Also you can’t shoot .22LR out of a .22 mag rifle and visa versa. The Marlin 925 (no M) is .22LR.

Good luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you

im sorry i should have been more specific i will only be plinking/ target shooting at the rainge. i dont plan to hunt soon 1. dont have transportation to good hunting grounds 2. parents won't let me for now.

thanks

brazilian sniper :Blasting_ :angel:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.