Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys yesterday I went with a friend of mine hunting for partridge and when we came across one up in a high tree my friend took a shot at it with his daughters single shot .410 rossi (his 1187 was in the back seat of the truck) and missed do I followed up with a double dose of 3/4 ounce #8's and he fell straight down into a tree!!!!!!! 30 fricken feet in the air!!!!!!! NO!!!!!! the bad thing was that there was no branches for the first 25ft. of the tree!!!! It would ahve been my first partridge!!

So after that dissapointment we went to a different place and I was walking a trail when I see a squirrel in a tree so I shoot once at it but it appeared to still be moving so then I shot a seond yime and he went flying into the air and this is where my skeet shooting instinct kicked in with a follow up shot in mid air!! I must have thought that it had jumped and thats why I fired 2 times but it didn't do much good seeing as how this one went into a tree 30 feet in the air too!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

It was sad that they had to goto waste and I made every considerable effort to retrive them but in the end I still feel guilty for not being able to have used the meat and the animals going to waste:( But what can you do this hapens to you guys sometimes doesn't it?

Gotsta go and get me some more birds!

-Todd-

·
Registered
140 Posts
hmmm... Well, I'd blast them again and, if they are still there, shoot them until they fall, if there ain't much left of them, I can still be proud that I retrieved them :D
Matt.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would love to, the partridge would be easy if I could dislodge it but I suspect that after those 3 shotgun blasts at relatively close range and from the peices of fur and meat I saw flying that there may not be too much left of the squirrel to consume???:D ;)

Good advice

-Todd-

·
Registered
26 Posts
You know, I always (except for vermin) eat what I kill, but one time . . . My brother and I were out for a hunt in the morning and he killed a squirrel that fell into the crook of a tree - 40 feet off the ground. Since we wanted to retrieve it, my brother starts popping rounds of CCI stingers into it to, knock it loose. After 4 rounds, the squirrel came down - or at least the part that was left did. Needless to say, we didn't eat that one - cause we couldn't find any tasty bits since those bits were airborne during retrieval! :p

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats funny!

On a side note a few friends of mine went out today and got a partridge while out driving/climbing/hunting a mountain. I had my 20 guage in the back, and up front their was an 11-87 and a single shot 12 guage and a single shot .410 along with a mini 14.
My friend kevin (37) saw one so jumped out of the truck with his 12 guage and blasted the bird at a distance of 15 feet with full choke and #7 shot, smartly he aimed at the head so no meat was wasted.

After that we drove Joel (31) GMC 4X4 up a mountain and finally came to a road block (gate) and aked ourselves why the hell would they block off a trail? so we went over to the gate and no more that 5 feet after the gate was a straight vertical drop down a rock ledge cliff.

There was a dead tree that we managed to cut in half with the 4 shotguns from a SAFE distance in a SAFE manner

After that we took the rest of the day and behind my friends house we cleared a ATV trail that hadn't been used in 3 years and was quite overgrown with brush so we took a 4 wheeler and a chainsaw and some brush cutters.

All in all it was a great day and after many miles of walking and work my feet donot show a sign of blistering or pain due to my new Rocky boots which was a gift. I tell you what good footwear makes all of the difference in a pleasurable hunt.

-Todd-

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Hunting Partridge!!!

Todd!

I swear!

You hurt one hair on Susan Dey's head and you are in deep Sh*t, with me, pal!!

The "RFC Dues Collection Committee" will be paying you a visit!

:mad:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Ski,

Your showing your age with that one. I had to think for a minute before I got your referrence. :D I not sure Todd is old enought to catch your Reference. I had to look up who Susan Dey was before I remeber the show and made the connection. :D :p I was just a youngin' back then.

later
mcb

·
Registered
131 Posts
Susan Dey...

Redneckmatt - I had to a Google search to find out who this person was. Apparently she was a big star on a show called "The Partirdge Family". They drove around in a multi-colored bus and sang songs and solved crimes that had to do with ghosts and stuff....they had a big dog named "Scooby Doo" (Hehehehe...)

I know my history...If I can clear anything else up, don't hesistate to ask!

I believe she is the Spokeswoman for an organization called OTHG, but I might be wrong on that!

To learn more, I found this site that talks about who she is on the first page. I did not go through all the pages, so I don't know what else is on there. Looks like a Susan Dey fan club.

Jeffrey :D

Susan Dey

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Re: Susan Dey...

PastorJeff said:

I believe she is the Spokeswoman for an organization called OTHG, but I might be wrong on that!
Jeffrey :D
Jeff....

She's just a teenie bopper. Won't even qualify for membership till December...

Ron

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HAHAHAHA Ski!!! Its too late, she already went into the frying pan! YUMMMMMMMM..........:eek: :D

-Todd-

P.S. Ski I really miss talkin to you on AIM, why won't you reply to my IM's!!!!!!!! My feelings are hurt :( :(;)

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Todd

Ski's OLD suffers from "CRS" thats
means "Can't Remember $h_T".
Don't make fun of 'em. :D :D :D

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Plinker:
I get that way sometimes too, Half the time I get dressed and drive 4 hours to my family farm to go hunting and then remember that I forgot the guns:( :( Prolly my ADHD.

Matt:
I can be sensitive sometimes too, like when I bought my stepmother a mop for her birthday and a vacum for christmas:eek: :eek:

-Todd-

·
Registered
661 Posts
hehe you guys bust me up. Hey matt susan dey was kind of a hottie in her day. She did a show called LA Law as well. here's a site with a pictures link, sorry guy's these are clean.
http://hjem.get2net.dk/LA_Law/
I remember the partridge family, not trying to age myself, but I can remember telling my brother it would be cool to pick off those little birds from behind, one by one.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Freaky.

Why did I know that Susan Dey was on the Partridge Family.

Hmm.... More needless knowledge taking up space in my head that could be used by something else.

Dean_311

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.