Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

First of three identical 10/22’s completed

2K views 37 replies 15 participants last post by  techshooter 
#1 · (Edited)
I am building three identical Ruger 10/22's, one for me and one each for two of my brothers as birthday presents.I assembled the first one last Saturday night and took it to the range on Sunday. I sighted it in at 25 yards and then fired 10 groups with several types of ammunition. I did not clean the bore or fire fouling shots between brands; I just loaded the magazine and shot the group. The groups fascinate me. All 8 types of ammo printed in almost the same place on the targets but the point of aim was the same for all 10 groups. The groups are listed by size not sequence shot.

Groups:
  • 0.214 Eley Tenex Ultimate EPS
  • 0.221 Wolf Match Extra
  • 0.253 Lapua Midas L
  • 0.288 Winchester Dynapoint
  • 0.304 Wolf Match Target
  • 0.304 CCI Standard (Blue & White box)
  • 0.333 CCI Green Tag
  • 0.341 Eley Tenex Ultimate EPS
  • 0.454 CCI Standard (Blue & White box)
  • 0.518 Remington Golden Bullet

Here is the rifle, targets follow.

See less See more
#14 ·
BillB,

Great shooting!!!

Are you sure that there wasn't a flier in that Wolf Match Target group? ;)

I can put them all in one hole with that ammo......I mean...One Hole! .224" for 5 shots. ;) :D

I've been thinking my brother needs a Remington 870 12 gauge that shoots 3 1/2" shotshells for his birthday....

June 28th it is! :D

#20 ·
To All,

Sorry folks but I am too old and tired to adopt new brothers, sisters, etc. Sorry.

Viper,

I don't think I had any flyers with this rifle, at least not yet. One never knows what tomorrow will bring with it.

I am sure your brother will love the 870, do it.

Renegade,

"It will be very interesting to see if all three "identical" rifles shoot as well. "... Yes, I agree. I'll be posting the results of the other two as I complete them. I plan to get another done this weekend.

Tenspot,

"will clarks sell that Mag release seperately?" Well I think so but you would need to send them the factory mag release. They drill and tap the factory mag release then install the extended release into the factory release. Give them a call they are usually very pleasent people to deal with.

All my brothers know so far is that I am giving them "something" and they need to be at my place the morning of May 3rd to pick the one they want, if they don't show they don't get it. So I need to complete one this weekend and one next weekend.

Thanks to everybody for checking out the thread.

Regards Bill:)

#24 ·
Re: Price

randy said:
Hi BillB how much did the entire rifle cost you?

Randy
Randy,

I hope you are sitting down!

• [*]$159.96 Ruger 10/22 Carbine
    [*]$105.00 Green Mountain Fluted Bull Barrel, 18 inches
    [*]$ 12.98 10/22 Magnum Charging Handle Assembly
    [*]$325.00 Burris Scope
    [*]$ 13.50 Power Custom Scope Base
    [*]$ 17.63 Burris Matte Zee Rings
    [*]$ 60.00 Clark Custom Trigger Job
    [*]$ 15.00 Clark Custom Extended Mag Release
    [*]$105.00 Boyds Dakota Will Stock
    [*]$ 39.95 CPC Bolt Combo
    [*]$ 21.00 WeaponKraft Performance Package
    [*]$ 10.99 Scopecoat
    [*]$ 22.98 Plano Air Glide Rifle Case
    [*]================================
    [*]$908.99 Total

The above prices do not include taxes or shipping. Some of the items were purchased on sale or on special to RFC paid members.

I don't think I missed anything.

#25 ·
Re: Very Nice rifles!

BigMac said:
Looks like you've got a good shooter there.
Thanks BigMac!

BigMac said:
Are these twin bothers or did you just choose May 3rd as the day to give it to them?
No, not twins. One is 40 the other is 37. May 3rd is the date they picked as the day they both could be at my place at the same time. Both of their birthdays are in March.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.