Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

First impressions of a 93 BVSS

425 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  me!
After much mental anguish, I finally pulled the trigger and bought the Savage in .17, and with a new dealer also. First off, the laminate stock (Grey with other wood highlights) is a perfect compliment for the stainless barrel, however the plastic trigger guard is a bit of a shock. The trigger has ZERO creep, and while a tad stiff breaks cleanly. Is the shim sticky in this forum a good way to lessen this pull?

And who can say which scope rings are the "shoe-in" to use? I've had a Simmons Aetec scope 2.8-10X44 waiting for this project (I know, I may need more optic juice) and I obviously want the least amount of fuss installing it.

Overall though, from a visual perspective it is a marked contrast from my FrankenRuger which is blued GM/Hogue/VQ combo. It shore is purty!

Cliff :t
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
16,533 Posts
Congrads on the new shooter. Nice gun, got one myself, cantcha tell?
Yeah, the trigger guard sucks. I guess Savage had to cut costs somewhere. I would rather have seen an stainless trigger guard and a plastic bezel around the mag hole. The factory trigger sucks too. The shim trick cuts the pull about in half. But if you wan't a really nice trigger, invest in a Rifle Basix sear especially if you're a serious target shooter.I have a Burris Signature Select 8-32x44mm on my peashooter and Millett hi rings worked fine.

· Registered
16,533 Posts
BigBoy -

The shim trick works wonders!

I did it with a .025" feeler gauge and still ended up stoning the sear just a tiny bit further..... If I were to ever try it again, I think I might start with a .026" or .027" shim but check very carefully to be sure that it didn't do anything to compromise safety.

Enjoy your rifle!
me!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.