Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a T1X and was able to put some rounds down the barrel yesterday. I fired several different types of ammo, that of what I had on hand and mostly to see the function of the rifle and get familiar with the scope which is the Arken EP5. It shot the CCI-SV very well and the Lapua CenterX really really good. It shot the Norma pretty good also. The Aguila super Xtra I believe it wants to shoot well.

·
The Mod Squad
6,514 Posts
Nice Bama22!! Definitely off to a good start!

My T1x didn't shoot well with the CCI SV I have on hand but it may just be the lot numbers I have. Your post reminded me that have a brick or two of Aguila SE that I've never tried. I used to use that and CCI SV for CMP Rimfire Sporter matches but haven't shot any since I stopped shooting those matches.

Please continue to keep us posted on how your T1x is performing for you

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Just got a T1X and was able to put some rounds down the barrel yesterday. I fired several different types of ammo, that of what I had on hand and mostly to see the function of the rifle and get familiar with the scope which is the Arken EP5. It shot the CCI-SV very well and the Lapua CenterX really really good. It shot the Norma pretty good also. The Aguila super Xtra I believe it wants to shoot well.

Excellent shooting! WOW!
I love my Sako P94S Varmint with a Lilja barrel. Yesterday I scored higher than the Anschutz, Kimber, VooDoo, custom Stiller (beat the Stiller by 1X) and other more experienced 50yd IBA Benchrest shooters at our club match. (I won the match with my Varmint. I’ve been shooting Benchrest for 3 months and shooting pistols for 1-½ yrs).

·
Registered
199 Posts
My T1X shot quite well as is but I wanted to try for a little better. Several weeks back I pillar bedded the T1X and finally got out today to test it. I'm quite pleased with the results.
Tikka T1X MTR 20"
DIP "0" rail
Barska 10-40x50 AO with Monstrum low rings
Aftermarket light trigger spring. Trigger at 18 oz.
Action screws at 20 in/lb.

I shot these four targets with SK Rifle Match, SK Standard+, TAC-22 (old) and RWS Rifle Match.
Next test wil be with Lapua Midas+, Center-X and Eley Match.

Product Font Material property Circle Pattern
Product Font Material property Pattern Circle
Facial expression Product Organ Font Material property
Facial expression Product Font Material property Pattern

·
Registered
37 Posts
Good shooting! I can repeatedly get 1/2 inch groups at 50 yards using CCS SV. Its really good ammo, and clean.

My favorite ammo is SK standards. Good tight groups and the powder burns super clean, I don't have to clean the gun nearly as often when I use SK ammo. After trying a bunch of different kinds, I have settled on SK standards and CCI SV for my go to ammo.

FWIW The straightest shooting ammo for my T1X I have tried is SK flat nose target.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Bama22 - looks like your getting good results with Centre-X, but if your looking for another good performer in the Tikka, give Eley Match a try. My T1X consistently shoots it into .5 to .6 MOA for 5 shot groups at 50m. Unfortunately it’s not as economical as CCI SVs, but the smiles it puts on your dial are worth it.
Like Adela7 mentioned, SK Flat Nose Match is a good mid priced option (shoots about 1/2” @50m for 10 shot group, so about 1/2 way between Eley Match and CCI SVs in my gun). Interestingly the SK Basic Flatnose shot like a shotgun for me.
I also tried a Lowey tuner for a while which marginally improved accuracy at 50, but had a negative impact on accuracy at 100.
Font Circle Illustration Logo Automotive wheel system
Font Material property Magenta Beauty Circle

·
Read Only
260 Posts
I am really liking my tikka17hmr. Got it used. Mounted and sighted in meopta sport 5x3-15×50 this morning. I certainly cannot out shoot either the rifle or the scope. Good shooting on your part! Enjoy...I have DIP 20 moa rail victory cheek riser beavertil forend DIP bottom metal DIP bolt knob and DIP muzzle brake. Trigger is breaking at 12oz. consistently. I'm wondering if whoever owned it previously replaced the spring. Todays result
Brown Water Light Black Font

Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun accessory Gun barrel

Tableware Coffee Wiener melange Drinkware Human body

Furniture Comfort Couch Textile Armrest

1 - 20 of 23 Posts