Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

First build. Advice needed please.

299 2
Hello all. I'm a newbie here at rimfirecentral, so hello to everyone and from what I have read this looks like an outstanding forum!

I shot a friends 10/22 over the weekend and I am hooked. I'm dont think many parts on the rifle are still stock, but it sure is a tack driver.

So I started reading and researching and so far, here is what I am thinking my first build would consist of...

Volquartsen offers a "precision competition kit w/ superlight reciever". I was going to contact them to purchase that kit minus the TG2000 trigger group. Not sure if they would do that or not, but I'll fire them off an email to find out. Also a volquartsen tension barrel.

For the trigger group, I am thinking I will go with the KIDD trigger.

The stock, I am thinking the hogue rubber stock in OD green. I have a few other weapons that are OD/black combo's and I personally love the look. I've already got a Harris bipod to go on the front swivel mount.

And here is where the questions start. Will all of those VQ parts play nicely with the KIDD trigger? I am looking for mostly drop in parts as I am by no means a gunsmith. Will everything fit together okay? In your opinion, am I choosing good quality parts? Also, I am wondering where does the background check come into the equasion? Does VQ ship the parts to my FFL and then they call it in or just how exactly does that work?

Thanks so much in advance. I am very excited to get this project going and I really appreciate any help you guys can give me.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
The receiver (or complete gun) must be delivered through a licensed FFL dealer. The dealer is responsible for the background checks and record keeping. I don't know about the VQ and Kidd match up. The kidd trigger is a 2 stage trigger, which is not my favorite way to go. Hornet Products has the VQ2000 in a tuned trigger. I have that unit and its excellent. If you want the light pull check out Jard, they all cost around the same amount.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply Dr. Mongoose. Very good info there. Can I ask what you don't like about the 2 stage triggers? Thanks!

Anyone else care to comment on the parts I am contemplating? I see this post has quite a few views so please don't be shy. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.