Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Finish on My Henry

479 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  sodapopdude
Just wondering if you guys have had any finish problems on your receivers? Mine hasn't came off but it always seems to have like a waxy kinda look after you handle it which turns sort of a white color leaving finger prints etc! I've cleaned it and after the oil is gone it still has this weird kind of look ! It shoots great but I hate having a gun with a bad finish especially as good of care as I take of my guns . Just wondering Thanks , Neel
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,649 Posts
Neel,

Which Henry do you own?

My H001L reciever has a black, painted finish on it. The sides, and top tang, are the same color black. The lower portion of the reciever, and lower tang, have a slightly different appearence to them; shinier, and rainbow-like.

My rifle shows fingerprints pretty easily, but never looks waxy, or white.

BigLoop22

· Premium Member
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the regular Henry! It too is painted but, its always looked like this. Its on the bottom where the serial # is at. I thought about getting it refinshed but, it would cost more to have it finshed than it would be worth. Any suggestions?

· Registered
85 Posts
HeltonPrecision said:
Just wondering if you guys have had any finish problems on your receivers? Mine hasn't came off but it always seems to have like a waxy kinda look after you handle it which turns sort of a white color leaving finger prints etc! I've cleaned it and after the oil is gone it still has this weird kind of look ! It shoots great but I hate having a gun with a bad finish especially as good of care as I take of my guns . Just wondering Thanks , Neel
Any receiver will of course show finger prints ect but
a blued receiver is easier to wipe clean. One thing is
Try not to get oil on the receiver.. not needed as it
will not rust anyway. I have an older model and the
finish is still like new. As stated i avoid getting any
oil on it, and use dry cotten balls to wipe after shooting
or handling. It does not show the waxy look then. Of course
do not wipe it all the time, you just might wear out
the painted finish. Good luck
Sodapopdude

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.