Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in a sporting goods store this week and saw that they had a used customized 10/22 for sale. It either had a fajen silhouette, or boyds blaster stock on it but it had finger grips. Neither has them originally so he must have put them on himself or had someone do it for him. The gun fit me like a glove, and I would like to know if any of you have done this to one of your stocks? And if you have, how hard is it to do, and what is the best way to do it?

Thanks
AXEL

·
Registered
574 Posts
axel,

I've seen pictures of antlurz rifle, it's a beutie, he molded the hand grip around his own hand. find a post of his and check out his website, there may be pictures there, since we can't post attatchments here right now. I believe he described how he did it as well, might not be what you wanted... but might give you some ideas.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Everyone seems to have their own method for doing finger-grooves. I use a sanding drum on a 1500 RPM flex-shaft working freehand, and slowly/carefully until they feel right. I just happen to be blessed with "average" sized hands, so everyone that I've done this for on a custom stock has fit the new owner perfectly... so far!:D
You could use nothing more than coarse sandpaper wrapped around a wood dowel to do the groves on your own, fitting them to your own hand as you go.

If you believe that you have the aptitude, don't be afraid to try something just because you've never done it before! :t

Good Luck & Take Care! - Dakotan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.