Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally got my 10/22 to hit the target in the general area I was aiming, and I'm finally happy.

I have a SS 10/22 that I put a Hogue OM Stock on, with a Clerke 16.5 SS barrel. Then I put a BSA 4x32 scope on. (Shoe-string budget.) I took it to the local gun shop, who insisted on measuring the barrel as they thought I had hacksawed the barrel into the NFA range, and had them boresight it for me. I think I would've been better off w/o the boresighting they did such a poor job.

My third time out with it was yesterday afternoon. And after clicking around with the scope adjustments for an hour, it finally hit where the crosshairs were aiming. 3 shot group at about an inch using Remington Bulk Pack hollowpoints that I bought on sale from Dick's Sporting Goods. I need to get some good ammo through it and a little bitt better rest and I think this set-up will be just fine.

Oh, and I think a VQ hammer will be the only other thing I do to it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
POking holes

All I really wanted was to be able to poke holes in paper, with a certain degree of accuracy. I think its almost there. I think I'd also like to try to participate in a postal match or two, now that the rifle is where it needs to be.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.