Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Finally got a Luger pistol!

481 3
Okay, so it's the cheapo Stoeger Luger. ;-)
Bought it from a range buddy that I trust, as I've bought a couple others from him, all good shooters. I'd seen him shooting this one, and he finally offered it for sale. I shot several mags full before buying it. Outstanding condition, no wear in the painted finish (zinc alloy receiver/frame). Great little plinker. I haven't shot it much on paper yet, except playing at the fifty yard line. I was on the rifle side of the range.
It's certain death to soda cans and bottles at anything up to 50 yards though! I was slapping a yellow tennis ball around pretty good at 25 to 50 yards. As long as I could see it, I could hit it!
I put several brands of .22LR thru it, including CCI Minimags, Federal Lightnings, Winchester Dynapoint, even some lousy Remington Golden Bullets I've had for ages (I could feel the differing power levels in it!). The big surprise was the Winchester Experts, with their big broad hollowpoint nose that most semi-autos don't like!
This little pistol digested it all, with no hangups, no FTE's or FTF's, not a single hitch! Ran like that proverbial Timex! I'm very happy.
And the mag holds 12 rounds . . .
If you come across one of these little jewels, you may want to give it a try!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
In the last two years I prolly shot my rediscovered Stoeger .22 Luger as much as or more than any .22 pistol I own--at least until I got my Ciener Browning P35 conversion. Accurate, reliable, and a clean 3-pound trigger pull--what's not to like? Plus which you get to watch all that monkey-motion going on every time you pull the trigger!

Great fun to outshoot guys with scoped/red-dotted Ruger MK IIs with this thing.

Is yours the 4 1/2" or 5 1/2" barrel? Mine's the long one. Looks a bit odd, but nothing funny about the way it shoots!

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
.22LR Stoeger Luger

Bigdog & Snake45,
I'm glad that yours are performing so well and you like them. I have had terrible luck with mine. I bought it new back in the 70's and on the third round the sear (Part #0380) shattered. Took it back to the dealer and he sent it back to Stoeger. They replaced the sear. Took it back to the range and tried again. It didn't get through the box of ammo before it happened again. Took it back to the dealer and Stoeger replaced the sear again. I have never fired it since. It just occupies a nice slot in my collection. If either of you desire a copy of the manual, parts list or both let me know.

Wayne38

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry to hear of your misfortune, Wayne. I'd like to have a copy of the manual, if you don't mind. I can't quite see how to strip this gun for a proper cleaning. PM me for my E-mail addy
Snake, mine is the 4 1/2" barrel. Smooth wood grips in pristine shape, no checkering. Great trigger! As good or better than my Buckmark.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.