Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put the final coat on the Gatewood stock I recieved from Claude two weeks ago. I just have to rub it out and wax it. Your right Claude, the rosewood does look good. I hope to have some picture early next week. Action is now sporting a Nikon Monarch 6.5-20 scope.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Phil,
Very nice! You have to be happy with both the asthetics and the functionality. Nice group, what is that 20 rounds
:p

I did not know whether to finish mine in a satin or gloss so I purchased gloss and thought that if I didn't like it I could rub it out to a satin. Yours looks great - I'm leaning toward leaving mine gloss as well. The rosewood came out looking even better than I thought it would. Enjoy

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
All I got was a "sorry, the page you requested was not found" message.....

Phil, are you maybe "moving" the pix to somewhere else? I'd like to see your rosewood......

My camo "special" will be ready for some pictures of it to be posted soon.... So far, I've done the major sanding/shaping and put on one coat of Tung Oil.

I'll sure be checking back to see if I can get a look at that rosewood, from the comments, bet it looks great!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Hey Phil,

It looks (and obviously shoots) Great!

I see you left that little "lip" at the bottom of the cutout behind the pistolgrip. I thought it was just "leftovers" from being machined and had already sanded mine off before noticing (on the Gatewood "old" site) that it was left on, on most (but not all) of the stocks pictured there. Oh well.......

p.s. Perchance, does you camera have a lower resolution setting? I have a dial-up connection (44kbps) and not only do I have to get up and go get more coffee while waiting for 200k pix to download, but with 2000x1500 pixels pictures on my old 800x600 monitor I can only see about 1/4 of your pictures without scrolling, both sideways ~and~ down!!

Am I the only person left in internet-land surfing at 800x600 with a dial-up????

Good shootin'! ....gb

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To CWG

That was a 50yd group using Wolf ammo. I think I'm going to break down and buy some Lapua match grade ammo to try in this gun. I hate it when you fire 4 shots and get that odd flier to spoil the group.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Very,very nice Phil.Are you going to shoot it in our e-mail matches?I really like that color combo in the laminates.

CWG,you're making me want to get another stock.:eek:

Pinball

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
200 yds

Last weekend I took the gun to the range, to get the dope for different types of ammo. Anyway, they were shooting a buffalo match using old Sharp rifles at a buffalo silouhette at 200 yds and I just wanted to see how much elevation would be need to put a 22 bullet on target at 200 yds. Surprised the hell out of me when I see the bullet leave a mark on the metal silouhette. Of course this is with about 6-8 ft of elevation using the Nikon 6.6-20X at 20X. The group (10 inch) looked decent at 200 yds. I don't recommend someone try shooting game at 200 yds but it was interesting. Oh yeah, its also not nice to fire on someone elses target! Don't they still hold silouhette matches for rimfires?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.