Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Fiber Optic Sights

1024 Views 11 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  drboudreaujr
My wife was so kind to give me a new sporter for my birthday. I'm not a fan of the Ruger bead front sight. I want to replace it with a fiber sight. For those that have replaced their sights what has been your experience with them? Was it worth replacing? Is there a favorite sight people like over others?

Thanks, Denis
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
471 Posts

· Registered
3,052 Posts
Have the hi viz, it's better than the factory for sure. Williams has more open fiber optic and is a bit brighter. I've broken more than a few Williams front posts but the inserts are easily fixed.

Did loose the back of the hi viz sight insert. They sent me a new one free of charge. Was probably my fault for adjusting without loctite so it was a nice gesture from them.

· Premium Member
6,458 Posts
I have the factory fiber optic sights on a couple of Compact builds, they work fine in lower light woods hunting, but they're not as good in the bright light of the open fields/range where the sun can cause a bit of flare off of them in some situation....but I guess the sun flare thing could be said of just about any iron sight set up if conditions are right

· Registered
1,141 Posts
My eyes aren't what they used to be. :(

These days I tend to prefer an optic of some sort. I find that I am much faster and more accurate with a red dot of some sort than irons. But, if going strictly with irons I'd say take a hard look at Tech-Sights. I have them on two of my 10/22s and like them a lot. Even with my eyes, they are still very usable. :bthumb: They also provide the bonus of increasing the sight radius quite a bit, which obviously increases the accuracy potential of the rifle when using irons.

· Registered
6,485 Posts
With the Tech Sights I believe you can use any of the plethora of front sight posts made for the AR platform. Surely, in that mix, there should be a front that will work for you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.