Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. I have an AR-7. It's cool in that the whole thing stores in the stock. Other than that, it's a 30 yd. gun at best. Anyhow I was looking for a stock for it. The factory one, while cool in that it floats the entire rifle, is very wide. I don't carry it around anymore on outdoor adventures so it's sort of useless for now. Maybe I'll get my kid into the shooting sports some day with it. Anyhow, I'd like to find something in a thinner, more traditional profile, while retaining the sporter-stock fit and lines. Is there anything like this out there? My searches have produced folding stocks of wire, Sten-type stocks, and things of the like.

2. I was reading this "moly fusion" thread. I have a bottle of moly "oil" (I'm into high performance air guns too). It says on the bottle it's a dry film lubricant, made by RWS. Supposedly you clean the metal, apply this lubricant, it dries, and then you have a moly coating on the surface. It's used for moving parts in the air rifle (in most areas except the spring---you can use it in the compression chamber, which gets to 2000* when firing, IF you allow the stuff to dry fully, as the carrier vehicle is petro based and will detonate, which is BAD in a spring piston gun). Might be something to try in place of the paste? It costs about $5 for a 6 oz. bottle.

·
Registered
355 Posts
RedSS:

You misunderstand :confused: what Moly-Fusion is:

To start, what it is not: :eek:

It is not Moly-Disulphide "dirt" mixed with something else, like all other Moly products without exception.

The paste has nothing mixed in: It is the pure essence of reaction.
It is "pasty" by nature. It is 100%. It is less expensive as a kit pure pure than Brownell's "Black action magic II" of which only contains 1/4 ounce of the pure "dirt".

What it is: :)

The pure is a 100% multi-stage reaction, containing inventions and itself an invention in technology.

What it does: :)

It compounds, or makes become one: Molybdenum to the existing metal surface, which is generally steel, but it reacts with aluminum, chrome, and to certain extent brass and copper alloy.

It adds rust-proofing, hardening, and heat-reflective properties to the metal.

It adds lubricant of 1 micron size (Aprox 0.5 tenthousandths of an inch), which also fuses to the metal.

It adds another invention, 10-50 nano-meter lubricant which further improves the metal.

It contains a penetrating characteristic that is so fine it will penetrate glass by itself, and is plant-based.

It does not contain any petroleum products or derivitives: It is 100% synthetic, created product.

Cheapest part: The treatment oil that contains Moly-Fusion will be comparable in price to the best CLP's and be more powerful than the original Moly-Fusion, but only contain a portion of the full-strength product's power. It is given out as free samples with the Pure "laboratory"

The pure is way less exensive than what it used to be, and way inexpensive to use, when you include the Free Treatment Oil.

Because it always changes metal, rather than anything else, it is a laboratory in a bottle.

Right now, it could win Discover Magazine's "Technology of the Year Award", just in part by being a "laboratory in a bottle".

Moly-Disulphide: mixing it with oils and solvents is caveman ;) technology compared with pure multi-stage reaction causing pure synergistically-complete reaction. :D

Comparing Moly Oil with the Moly-Fusion for firearm use is like comparing a stick with a Steel Broad Sword. Or linseed oil with conversion treatment :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Techshooter's comments remind me of Robert Preston in "The Music Man".
",,,containing inventions and itself an invention in technology" whatever is that supposed to mean?
"...it changes metal..." "it penetrates glass"
"it is plant-based", yet at the same time it is also "100% synthetic, created product"

it is a "pure multi-stage reaction causing pure synergistically-complete reaction" (someone please interpret??)

Believe that, and I have a bridge to sell you; if you don't need a bridge, how about a cure for baldness??

·
Registered
355 Posts
Terp96DC: Congratulations on your first post! You got to start somewhere. Welcome to RimfireCentral.com, where you can speak your mind as long as you don't insult a person's humanity, or use non-family language. :t

At least the product works, in keeping with the wise saying "The proof is in the pudding". :D

The reason I say this, is you are stumbling into the post, I think, as a newbie, and don't realize what the others are saying about it. While you "smell" a bridge, it is not. It refers to other threads: To check them out, I give tips at the end of this post.

I sincerely hope you browse the forum! :)

Please keep in mind I have no intent other than to welcome you.

Now to your post on my English:

1. An invention by definition may contain other inventions within it, as per the U.S. Patent office.

2. The plant-based synthesized (= mankind modified) solvent passes through glass as evidenced by pouring it into a glass jar, and after overnight, noticing a puddle of solvent that has passed right through the glass jar. That is pretty thin as based on this definition. The planned results is to carry chemistry, example the nano-lubricant - one of the inventions mentioned to be contained in the invention - in suspension.

3. The only "high tech" thing about ground-up powder is it has had a bit of processing done to it: using itself to fracture itself up.

Synergistically means, all the reactions work in complimetary to each other by design. See the description of the many things occuring together.

If you believe everyone is hyping, then you believe what you want.

Fortunately you don't have to believe what I say, but to add impact to what I say, my references include both members, nonmembers, administrators, sponsor(s) to this forum. You can even find a reference to what an independent administrator said on another forum. Search under "words" "Fusion", "partial results" "threads" or "posts".

Also check under sponsors messages forum, techshooter.
If Moly-Fusion improves the performance of rimfire, as results claim, then it is "relevant" for this forum.

·
Registered
22,250 Posts
Chief says : Yes there are people out there who are set in
their ways " i am one of them " .
I am the #1 skeptic when it comes to new items geared at
" just getting yer money"
Moly Fusion = is not one of these items.

I tested it for 6 months .

Then shot a 100 yd " world record " score with the 10-17
Volquartsen rifle . Had it not been for Moly Fusion . the one
hole (5 shot) group would not exist.

·
Registered
752 Posts
RedSS

I have an AR-7 that came with the floating stock. I bought it back in 1979 at a Wolworths store inside a shopping Mall. (times change) I have had a wire folding stock on it for some years now. There is a rigid tube stock available for it as well but I don't know of any "sporter" style stocks made for this gun. If you find one, post the information, There are a few of us that have AR-7s here.

As for the moly oil, I have a product called Dry Slide which was acutally made for the control cables on things like motorcycles, bicycles, boats, etc. It sounds similar to your moly oil. According to what several of the members here have said, the moly fusion product is way above this stuff. I have some on order along with a wood treatment techshooter sells. I'm anxious to get it. It's been almost a week so it should be here soon. You might want to try it on your airguns.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, thanks for clearing that up Tech. I just had a bottle of the stuff lying around so I figured I'd ask...my mind's gears are always turning. I like the idea, and since so many people here recently have been impressed by it, I think I'll try it. I have many more tools, reels, and moving machinery of the like that could see a huge benefit from this.

Yes, a sporter stock for the AR-7 would be very nice. If I had the tooling, I'd make one. It's a cheapie rifle, but fun, especially for the breakdown capability and nominal cost. Right now I'm working on a quick-detach Weaver base for it. Wonder if patenting and mass-production would be worthwhile?:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.