Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
humm since search has been disabled can some of you help me with a couple problems.
1. I am having double fires pretty often now. ushally only happens once per mag when it does happen and at no specific point.
2. sometimes the trigger wont reset. could my clickster speing be wearing out and not be applying enough force?

all this just recently started to happen here are my specs:
bolt buffer
vq extractor
speedlock hammer
speedlock main spring(the one on the bolt handle if its not called that)
clickster trigger spring
jb weld trick homemade trigger stop
GM barrel

Any ideas?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That could be a problem but it worked fine for the first few hundred rounds i put through it with the new combination. the thing is i think you may be right because while in rest the trigger doesnt reset. the rifle has to be cocked fo the trigger to come out to bee pulled. maybe the speedlock hammer has some extra metal on the bottom thats affecting this that my stock hammer did not have. i may try to take off some jb weld to try to make it release while in rest. thanks for the idea.

I forgot to add that the bolt is chamfered so do you think the hammer is just being knocked down then the sear doesnt catch so it goes back up and fires another round. that would follow what you said on the jbweld deal and the sear not catching. Wost thing that could happen is i would have to mix a little more jb weld to do it over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.