Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
After I cleaned my chamber I could run maybe 25 rounds of CB Shorts before I would have extraction problems. Other shooter's rifle's hopefully do better.

·
Registered
77 Posts
My question is about the 6mm flobert, can I shoot it without problems in guns marked "22lr only"? Well, in fact I already shot few through my Magtech 7022, but chamber and bore get pretty dirty (lead?). I have to extract the cases manually, with screwdriver or something, but I sometimes need quiet ammo for "gardening".

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
finlander,

If you can get your hands on some Aguila Super Colibris, then give them a try. They are quiet! :D For close-range gardening, on small "growths", they should do the trick. They are ".22 Longs".

BigLoop22

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
kennyusmc1,

I, too, thank you. That is good to know.

I have not tried any shorts in my Henry. I haven't bought any CBs, either. This is mainly because the Super Colibris are less expensive, and they are much quieter than CB caps.

BigLoop22

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've used CB's Long and Short (@250 total) with no problems to date in my Large Loop Carbine. Infact I haven't had any problems with about 6000 rounds through so far. (I did get one FTE with a Stinger but it had a weird case dimension)

·
Registered
195 Posts
hi! just wanted you to know , some cb's are dirtyer than others what brand were you using? also the cci cb's both long and short are the same power they move about 700 to 750 ft. per, sec. the reg. colibri moves about 350 ft. per sec. the super colibri at about 500 ft. per sec. with the colibri you must start with a clean barrel as they can stick in the barrel . as they have no powder in them just primer . but they are very quiet.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The only time I ever had trouble was when I got sloppy on working the lever. If I work it smoothly and with the gun held to my shoulder, then the shorts work fine. If I get into this "I'm cocking my Red Ryder BB gun" mode then it may jam on shorts, rarely. I think this gun just feeds so perfectly on 22LR that I was spoiled. Actually, it is still the most versatile I have seen for shooting any kind of shell you can put in there!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.