Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Federal 711B

944 8
I just bought a case of 711B and when I opened the first brick I found no dimple in the base. Would this indicate that it is old stock? It seems to shoot well in my HS Sharpshooter. I paid $218.00 for the case including shipping and CT sales tax.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
711B

Thank You Gents,
Before I bought this case I tried a brick. The brick was marked 711B and it had the dimple. I did however have two missfires in a relay match. Both during rapid fire stage. The first 5 shots I managed to get 2 down range and the 3rd was a missfire. The alibi was allowed and it was to be shot after the stage was over. The next 5 shots I had a missfire on the first round. Only one alibi is allowed so I chose to shoot the second 5 shot alibi. That target only had 7 holes. Bummer!
I have shot 3 boxes from the new case and no missfires as yet. Only time will tell.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First Brick

Well Folks,
I have gone through the first brick and had only one misfire. There seems to be an occasional flyer. I would say maybe one per 50 round box. I could blame it on the 'nut behind the wheel'. When I put the HS 'Sharpshooter' on the bench stand I score 98 to 99 out of 100 so it appears that the gun shoots much better that I do. I have a UltraDot scope with a 4 moa dot. At 50 ft. the dot is .67 in in diameter. That will cover the entire 10 ring on a B2 NRA target. A tiny bit of movement and there goes the group!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.