Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
  • Beware of Scammers! Does it sound too good to be true? New user has just what you were looking for? Don't get scammed! When in doubt, use escrow.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,661 Posts
Bigjets, I also noticed the new Federal 711B was minus the dimple. It appears Alliant (owners of the former Hercules powder Co) have purchased the recreational firearms division of Blount.
This includes the two former Blount owned cartridge manufacturers CCI & Federal.
It would appear that the new owners of these two companies are now attempting to consolidate the product & possibly production.
I don't know what the outcome will be but I strongly suspect that the product now in Federal packages may be CCI production

· Registered
1,661 Posts
I forgot to mention that I don't think that this move by Alliant will result in the product being inferior to the original. I have tried the new stuff & it seems fine. Not that it compares to the old 711 match target which I have been told by a gun shop in my area is now "unavailable". Bear in mind I can only speak for my area in Canada. May be different in USA.
Time will tell; but I try & think positive about this situation as both CCI & Federal have a long history of producing good ammunition.
I hope Alliant will respect this tradition & continue to offer a good product at reasonable prices :) Rod

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.