Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you guys in california been able to find federal 510 at any walmart? I took a vacation up to oregon and found some and bought it all out but I haven't had any luck with it in california whatsoever.

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts
My experience is the same as Evil Dog: slow restocking.

Last week I asked one of the sporting goods managers when he would get the 510 in stock. He used an electronic stocking tool gizmo to read the bar code on the empty shelf and said: "the warehouse is showing zero stock, so I have no idea when we will get it in." I'd be interested if you guys are getting the same story. Ask them to please use the electronic stock check tool, otherwise they will just tell you anything.

·
Premium Member
8,265 Posts
About a month ago I got 10,000 rounds of 510 at our local Wallyworld, I got the sporting goods manager to order it in for me, took about a month to get it. You might try this with your store, in my experience you want to talk to the sporting goods MANAGER, not the pinhead teenager behind the counter.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I agree... talk to the manager! Yesterday the lady wanted to open the "big" box and ring up all the "little" boxes inside.... I said... No, I want them un-opened.... she had to call the manager to help her ring them up...:eek:

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Follow jnyork's advise above. I have not see a Wal-Mart that had more than just a small display area for the 510. My stores never order more that a couple of bricks at a time and sell them by the box. Shelf is usually bare or will be when I leave.

Wal-Mart receives them four bricks to the case and it is no problem for them to order what ever you want. Only takes a minute...after you find the Sporting Goods Manager.

·
Registered
364 Posts
My experience is the same as Evil Dog: slow restocking.

Last week I asked one of the sporting goods managers when he would get the 510 in stock. He used an electronic stocking tool gizmo to read the bar code on the empty shelf and said: "the warehouse is showing zero stock, so I have no idea when we will get it in." I'd be interested if you guys are getting the same story. Ask them to please use the electronic stock check tool, otherwise they will just tell you anything.
My local guy was able to look at the same gizmo and tell which other nearby stores had it in stock, as well as an approximate amount they had. It led me to two stores where I was able to score 68 boxes. Ask him about nearby stores.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.