Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be bringing my dream 22LR pistol home in a few days and am wondering what ammo seems to perform best in your Browning Medalist. I have not seen a Medalist in 30 years and so today was like Christmas only better. I had totally forgotten how much I loved holding that pistol in my hand. For those of you who have never seen or handled one, you owe it to yourself to experience this joy at least once before you die, you won't regret it. Second thought, yes you will because you will be hooked like me.

Oh well, so little time and so many great toys to play with. If my wife ever finds out how many guns you can fit in a 24 gun safe, I am dead meat. At least she can't complain about my newest love :) since she bought it for me. Gotta love her for that.

Thanks

Dave

·
Premium Member
30,729 Posts
I have 3 belgium Challengers and a NIB Medalist. My challengers will shoot about anything and are not ammo sensitive. I would recommend the CCI standard velocity round unless you want to spend alot more money. I also use it in my S&W 41. You will enjoy the Medalist, but the factory mags are expensive.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I shy away from the "Hyper Velocity" ammo for my .22 target autos. Especially the Medalist and the S&W 41. The slide springs are lighter in these guns to function properly with standard velocity ammo. Useing Hyper Velocity ammo in them can, and will accelerate wear. A box or 2 once and a while won't hurt anything but I would avoid a steady diet of these rounds. Bill T.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.