Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Edit: Oops! It looks like I posted this in the wrong forum..... Sorry

I purchased a base 10/22 carbine a few years back with the intention of just plinking a little. Thanks to this website I wound up totally customizing it into a sweet shooting rifle. My father and myself go the range quite often and he does not have his own 22 so I thought for father's day/retirement gift I would buy him one.

So we went to Walmart this morning and we picked him up the Wally world special. Since he does not like to tinker with things like me and I know he won't upgrade it, I thought the WW special was a perfect choice. Nice stock barrel, nice stock, and just a very beautiful rifle overall. He was giddy like a little kid. When we got home he would not put it down. :)

Now I need to buy him a scope for it. Any recomendations for a lower priced scope? Also what size rings do I need for it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric

·
Registered
91 Posts
I had a nice little Simmons 4x32 on on 10/22, not bad considering the $$ spent, my "hot" 10/22's wear Simmons 4x12x40AO scopes.

I know you said he doesn't like tinkering, but I would seriously consider having him send the gun to Randy at CPC for a full tune-up. The trigger job and set-back barrel work he does make the stock 10/22's 2x the gun to shoot, and all of the work is basically transparent...it won't look tricked out, but it will sure plink, hunt, and punch paper better!!!!

·
Registered
550 Posts
I really like the Weaver rimfire variable- RV7(?).

2.5-7 power, IIRC. I don't remember the objective diameter off the top of my head, but it looks "right" for an all-around scope.

You can usually find them for about $120, they come in silver or matte black.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I preffer airun scopes for .22's myself. They are built to take recoil that may destroy a 22 scope and plus have external finger turrents that can be marked for dialing in specific yardages effortlessly. They also focus down to just a few feet and are paralax free. Bushnell makes a nice ( favorite) one in 4x or 3-9X but Simmons and BSA make OK models as well. Most are less than $100 and some closer to $50

Here is an example,

http://www.straightshooters.com/bushnell/busptmn3932.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.